Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2853 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i figured i would make a little mtb thread for all of us who don't really "cycle" in the traditional sense.

So what kind of bikes are you guys rocking and where do you ride mostly

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BadIdea said:
GF xcal 29er all black w/ the reba fork. Race face 180 cranks otherwise stock.

Typically just ride the local trails in cleveland. Need to get back to vulture's knob and mohican this year, and maybe snowshoe if I'm lucky.
If i lived in Cleveland i would be at ray's every day!!!! Its awesome!:thumbup:

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Road PWNS MOUNTAIN!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHA.

oh wait, I'm not Ducman. I won't trash your thread.

[closes door and leaves]

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Yeeaaahhh I like this thread. :D I ride an ancient Specialized HT 21-speed. Want a Santa Cruz Superlight or similar lightweight FS XC bike. I ride all over Norcal, obviously in the Sac area, run up to Auburn on occasion, and once the snow melts (hopefully not too soon ;)), get some Tahoe riding in. Will be hittin' up all the bay area and Santa Cruz stuff this summer too. Ride mostly XC stuff, but trying to work on my DH skills, kinda hard on a HT.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Gary Fisher Cake 4. It's about time for a new fork but I've upgraded a few things while I was overseas. That includes XT hubs, Rigida Zac 19 rims, Rohloff SLT 99 chain (definitely worth the money if you're tough on chains and can track one down), and Schwalbe Nobby Nic tire out rear and their Smart Sam up front. Besides the fork, some new pedals and Avid mechanical discs are next on the list.

My schedule sucks with my current commute and I don't get much time to ride lately. One of the biggest things I miss about Germany was the trails and riding. I was doing about 60-80km on average at least five days a week with the occasional longer ride on the weekend. Mostly XC with a mix of fire trails and even some hardball. More of a workout when it's on a mountain bike than those "fancy" road bikes. :lol:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Havent been on the MTB in a couple months. Sucks driving an hour and a half to get to any good parks. We go to santos, carter road, alafiya, and make trips up to NC and Tenn. I have a 04 Giant Trance. Lots of upgrades, only thing that is original is the seatpost clamp and headset. Ibis mojo is my next mtb, but wanna build up a nice road bike first.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lets see some bike bling, like those damn roadies over in the other thread. Only difference is that if they crash, they rub polish on the bike and go to therapy to get over it, and we pick our bike up and ride faster so it won't happen again.

Gary Fisher Hifi, full XT group except sram shifters, carbon bars and stem, Thomson post, mavic 717 rims, 2.35 nevegal front and now a 2.1 small block 8 rear, juicy 7s, plus a bunch of other small stuff. My go everywhere bike that has been at the races.

Santa Cruz VP Free, 1x9 X.0 drivetrain, Diabolus crank, new 09 E13 srs chainguide and bash, maxxis minions, boxxer team fork, azonic pedals, 8in. avid code brakes (now, not yet in pic) bunch of other sweet parts

Specialized Hardrock
Pic is of stock, now bike is getting a rebuild as a 69er with a reba fork, sram x.9 drivetrain, and the rest of the parts from the bin of parts I have from previous projects

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
good idea Ryan!

i'll post pics of my updated bike when i get home in a week or 2 (wont have access to a camera until i graduate and move back home :) )

I havent done my fair share of riding this spring though, it kind of disappoints me!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lets see some sweet riding shots too...i wanna see that pretty white vp free covered in mud going down some tech!

Couple little vids.

Jump is about 15-20feet long i would guess

Working on the moto whip..

No Footer..

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nick said:
Havent been on the MTB in a couple months. Sucks driving an hour and a half to get to any good parks. We go to santos, carter road, alafiya, and make trips up to NC and Tenn. I have a 04 Giant Trance. Lots of upgrades, only thing that is original is the seatpost clamp and headset. Ibis mojo is my next mtb, but wanna build up a nice road bike first.
If you ever head up to NC let me know i live over in the mountains and Pisgah, Tsali, Dupont and Bent creek are my backyard:party: (you can hate me now but i still have to drive about an hour to get to anyone of those:bang:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
yogibear said:
damn roadies over in the other thread. Only difference is that if they crash, they rub polish on the bike and go to therapy to get over it, and we pick our bike up and ride faster so it won't happen again.
Not to be obtuse, but its usually much harder to pull yourself up from a crash when you hit the deck goin' 30mph amidst 100 racers packed shoulder to shoulder.

Crashing in the woods at 15mph is, quite literally, a walk in the park.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
RyanDunn said:
Lets see some sweet riding shots too...i wanna see that pretty white vp free covered in mud going down some tech!
Oh yeah, that will be soon. The front code arrived yesterday and I installed and bled tonight, so I am just waiting for the rear to arrive and then a suspension tune, and I am all set. My rear suspension is giving problems getting set how I would like, but once it is, I will be at Boyne and Diablo and probably a few other parks I have not been to yet this summer, so just wait.

On a side note, messing around tonight to test the brake, the bike will climb up stairs while I am seated, so yea, it should be pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
RyanDunn said:
If you ever head up to NC let me know i live over in the mountains and Pisgah, Tsali, Dupont and Bent creek are my backyard:party: (you can hate me now but i still have to drive about an hour to get to anyone of those:bang:)
Been to all those trails for the exception of bent creek. We did laural mountain at pisgah, what a climb that was lol. I wanna make it back up there in the near future for sure. On the way up we always stop and hit up the Conyurs 96 olympic course. I think its about the best trail on the east coast, its like a damm rollercoaster.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
08 Trek 4300 19.5"
09 DB Response Sport 18"

Currently looking for a bike shop to have them serviced by. Current shop took me to the cleaners and didn't do anything I asked, I got them both back with 20psi in the tires and they even replaced the rear on the DB with a new one.

1 - 20 of 2853 Posts