Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited the Superformance booth at the Auburn (IN) Spring Car auction this weekend and got to take a ride in this:

Yes, the Noble M12 GTO.

I was the only person in four days who knew what the car was, so the rep' rewarded me with a little ride. Most of the ride was like a parade lap, but behind one of the auction barns, on a short straight, he let me feel what 2100 lbs of supercar moving to 60 in 3.5 seconds felt like.
I was speechless. Zero (read 0.000) turbo lag. Just all 340 lb. ft. doing it's best to introduce your kidneys to your spine. I have never felt such an amazingly wicked burst of power like that.

More amazing then the neck snapping hp & torque is that these cars are now going to be imported to the US as a rolling chassis from S. Africa. We will have our choice of three engines including the new 3.0 litre, twin turbo Duratec that is currently in the GTO 3 in Europe. No price set as of now, but I'm saving my pennies!

The guys at Superformance also have a little Focus project up there sleeve that we at FocalJet will be covering as information becomes available.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
wheeeeee!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
So that thing has ties to Ford? Or is it some little company that bought the rights to the engine?

You, sir, are a lucky bastard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts