Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
belacyrf said:
Willow Spring in early august??? You're going to race is 110 degree weather??

Say goodbye to a few engines.
If people are concern about over heating… It’s better to run straight water or water with Redline “Water Wetter” , Royal Purple “Purple Ice” or any Synthetics coolants. Do not use glycol antifreeze at all. The car will run hotter with antifreeze then straight water.

One thing about Willow Springs that helps the engine stay cooler is the speeds we run at Willow. It’s important to get air moving through the radiator. There could be more problems of overheating at the Streets of Willow a couple weeks earlier because of the slower speeds.

I'm going to be racing at Willow Springs in a couple of weeks (July 8th and 9th), which I'm sure it will be hot :) then as well.

The strange thing is the cars seems to handle the heat better then the drivers do... Drink a lot of water, it's a dry heat and you don't realize how much body fluids you have lost before it's too late.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
We tested at Willow Springs last Wednesday with no heating issues mid day. It was every bit of 100 degrees the last session we ran, and we had no issue with engine temperature.

The left front tire on the other hand...

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
MarcyMotorsport said:
We tested at Willow Springs last Wednesday with no heating issues mid day. It was every bit of 100 degrees the last session we ran, and we had no issue with engine temperature.

The left front tire on the other hand...

That good to hear about the motor..... Yeah it's easy to cook that left front there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i live in lancaster and i am also in the whittier area quit alot but lately it has not been to bad as far as the heat goes , i am hoping to be able to head out and watch u guys this weekend , my stock focui belongs no where near a track lol

·
███████
2,662 Posts
What time is everyone going to be there on Saturday ???
I'm looking to plan my morning so I can get there On time....

Troy. :party:

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Well First off I'd like to Thank Ricardo For the Awesome Ride In the F2 Car and The Hospitality !!
And I'd like to thank Andrew Gillis as well it was wonderful to meet the team !!
BTW Andy.... Nice drift on turn 1 !! :lol: This is a man who doesn't Brake on turn #9 At all AMAZING Driver.

And last, A big smack on the hand to all who didn't show for support to these Vendors that were kind enough to put this whole thing together ! :rant: ;)

Troy. :party:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
FocusSportVP said:
Oh right on, I was expecting something closer to Colorado. :)

:thumbup:

IT would be nice, the Miller motorsports complex is open and ready for a Focus attack plus they are already used by NASA.

Tim

41 - 53 of 53 Posts