Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus \"catching on?\"

anyone else notice that it seems like the focus may be "catching on" with people? i'm seeing more and more modified ones in my area, even if all "modified" is is tint and exhaust...the market has to start somewhere. granted, its nowhere near the civic, but i mean the civic has 5-10 years of enthusiast following on the focus.
anyone else noticing the same?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: Focus \"catching on?\"

Definitely, i keep seeing more and more foci(talkin nice ones, not base SPIs) in my area, where before they were quite rare. Theres a few modded zx3s running around my town as well. My car gets a lot of respect at autox too.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

Its cheap, its got a good warrenty and its better than kia. Those are the reasons i got mine and i see them all over the place now, i think they out number civic now (down here). Now that ive had the car over a year, i love it. My only regret is i didnt get it from the SVT dealer i was going to, so i didnt know about the SVT coming out only months later
. If i get another fwd compact after this, you bet it will be another focus, only with more research this time.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

I've had mine for 2 years and it's still one of the only foci around here.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i think the focus definitely seems to outnumber post-2001 civics. but perhaps just because those cars have become so invisible its hard to spot them. i can spot a 1995-2000 from a mile away.

·
Registered
659 Posts

ya it is catching but still gets no respect. tonight(saturday) we were at a big car meet and my stupid car broke in the parking lot. Had to get it towed in the middle of a huge meet. Key wouldnt turn in ignition. People were lined up just to take pictures of a modded focus getting towed. it suck and further the crappy image we focus owners have

adam

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

everyone I know hates the way my focus looks. Those that don't, think it's cute.

If i let them have a turn at the wheel, or just show them what it can do, the disapproving stare at the exterior quickly becomes a gleeful look from the passenger chair. And it's kinda like an ugly friend that looks less ugly the better you get to know them. Friends that have been in the car a lot start takign a shine to our car's quirky looks. Once people realize how fun they are to drive, they'll automatically like the way it looks more.

·
Registered
288 Posts

everyone I know hates the way my focus looks. Those that don't, think it's cute.

If i let them have a turn at the wheel, or just show them what it can do, the disapproving stare at the exterior quickly becomes a gleeful look from the passenger chair. And it's kinda like an ugly friend that looks less ugly the better you get to know them. Friends that have been in the car a lot start takign a shine to our car's quirky looks. Once people realize how fun they are to drive, they'll automatically like the way it looks more.
you just commited "word larceny" from my mouth...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts