Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bough the new Focus Central 3 piece pulley kit and I was about to install it but I was wondering if anyone could give me pointer's or even things to expect, to do or not to do. I recieved instructions but they only give you the gist of things not really whats going to happen. Hit me up

Steve -O-

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Zetec Tuning here we come....

- Drew

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah dont even try to put the alt. pully on, it is not worth it and really hard to get to.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
The tensioner is a beeeotch! Route the belt around all the pulleys except for the crank pulley.. then have a buddy pull hard toward the front of the car with a 15mm box end wrench and slip the belt over the crank pulley.

Good luck!!! Its a good little mod!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why does everyone have a problem with the alternator pully?? It only added 3 hours to the project. no biggie.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
alternator is a pain in the hizzass. still got it done. helps to have an airgun and a lift to do that one. the other two should take about 45 minutes.

jack up car, put jackstands on. remove passenger front wheel. remove that splashguard. 15mm (i think) wrench for the tensioner, remove belt (not all the way)
10 mm on the waterpump pulley, yank that sucka, put the new one on. 14mm (i think, again) on the crank, yank that sucka, put the new one on.

on the alternator, remove the wire on the back, disconnect the plug. the wire is a bizzatch to remove (it's on a bolt). then the two (10mm?) bolts all the way out (again, a pain) then take a large flathead screwdriver to get it out of there b/c it's in all tight. drop it down to the bottom of the car.. what? it doesn't come out b/c the axle is in the way. if you dont have an airgun dont even bother doing this one (they are the same size anyway)

hit it with the airgun, put the new one on, and install

be careful, after you put these on you will have mad power and may burn up your tires real quick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts