Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i just picked up this set, and im plannin' to install it next week with my friend. is this install easy or a PITA? anything i should know before i go in there swinging socket wrenches?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yea, the alternator pully is a MAJOR PITA....tight fit, and you'll need an impact wrech to get the bolt off the stock pully and put the new one on....and I beleive you'll have to trim (or remove) the plastic around the crank pulley....it's been a while since I put em on. Other than that it should be perdy dern easy....Good Luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx a lot, guys...i think i'll just leave the alt pulley until later when i feel like excercising the old swear words...

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just did this mod the other weekend. No problem for me. I also left out the alternater pulley.

I don't have my brakes hooked up yet so I just put a punch in the whole on the dampner pulley to break loose the bolt. Love those johnson bars!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by Stay Focused:
I just did this mod the other weekend. No problem for me. I also left out the alternater pulley.

I don't have my brakes hooked up yet so I just put a punch in the whole on the dampner pulley to break loose the bolt. Love those johnson bars!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you have to use a Big Johnson?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts