Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last week i started hearing a rattling noise under my car, i thought it was just a heat sheild or somethign coming loose, anywasy today i'm driving and i just gun it a little bit nad i hear this dreadful sound of the exhaust gasses not going through the exhuast, so anyway i get home and look underneath my car, and my focus central flexpipe had cracked all the way around into two seperate pieces, anyway here are some pics, i know they aren't the best quality but you get teh point and here is a link to a few more pics http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290827327

[ 01-13-2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: baconzx3 ]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

My FC flex-pipe is about to go down the crapper too!

Gonna get either a Focus Sport or Bosal flex-pipe to go along with a high flow catalyic converter.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ooo not good for FC....

G

·
0 Posts
Just when I thought of buying one. Thanks for the info. Will they do anything about it ? Sorry to hear that, man. How long have you had it ?

=dRe=

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hhaha...that is bad...

but hey, at least you can get a new one for free

Interesting thing is it didnt break at the weld correct? So its not so much a craftsmanship problem as just probably a bad piece of pipe or you hit something really nasty or some ****...i cant imagine mild steel pipe like that just cracking right in the middle like that, when i first looked at it, i thought it was at the weld, and that makes sense, but for a pipe to crack in half like that is really weird...

[ 01-14-2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
My Focus Central Off-Road Pipe cracked on the welds.

But I do like their throttle body!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
man brent, u couldnt wait lol...i 4got my cam when i came down.

-Ult

[ 01-14-2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
255 Posts
my buddy, donszx3, had the same issue with his FC flex pipe. however, the break wasn't like yours. it was at the welds. why it doesn't hold its own baffles me. FC will replace it, you just gotta talk to them about it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks to me like it did break at the weld. The weld itself didn't break but the where the weld bead and the pipe come together. And what is this mild steel you speak of? I thought these were stainless steel?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
btw who was that masked man who came down late last nite who said he'd just came from a funeral and went 2 home depot and spent 45min lookin 4 nuts that'd fit, all 2 let u borrow his stock flex?

who was that guy?

-Ult

[ 01-14-2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
both the FS and FC r coated and only the flex section itself is stainless. the bosal is all stainless except the 2 flanges at either end. making those stainless would have put the cost per unit much higher than the others.

-Ult

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had mine break in the same spot. FC had a new one out to me immediately -- the new stainless steel variety, looks nice

I haven't got it on yet, cause I had to go back to stock setup to get a CEL fixed.

That was a LOUD trip home.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i've had the FS flex pipe on for a few months now...no problems....im amazed that a flex pipe broke there.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i don't care about getting a new one from focus central just so it will break again, i'm done working on my focus anyway, and thanks for your opinion nazthug but i didn't hit anything at all, it just started as a rattling sound one day when i started up my car and ended like this

[ 01-14-2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: baconzx3 ]

·
Registered
452 Posts
throttle body, flex pipe, whats next... i want a part that lasts, not something i have to replace every six months or so...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts