Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which race header will give be the best peak gains at the redline? with my cams the peak power it at the redline and i want to keep it there, which header will help me the most? thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
i have heard that the fc gives the best power but the fs are better quality headers

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
I just got a FC race header, and I can feel a lot more power in the upper rpm range. Sounds really good too!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wait and get FC's Race 4-1 header, it will provide the most top end power. If you don't want to wait, then get FS's current 4-1 header. The runners are a little smaller but still bigger than FC's 4-2-1 header. For peak power, stay away from 4-2-1 headers.

So wait for FC's new one, it has proven to make a lot of power.

Eric

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Well if I remember right, the headers are a wash from one to the other. The difference is WHERE they deliver power! Do a search, I think there is a thread where they test both headers against the SVT header and the FS header I think had more top end or maybe the FC one did, but the other had better low end.. I forget

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i decided on the focussport, after my longtime satisfaction with their products and the 4-1 setup for better top end. the current sale helped a bit too.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Originally posted by christofer:
witch one suits beter whith jackson kompressor?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Depends on what you want to add to. Since the JR unit adds a lot of hp and not too much mid range torque, a lot of people will tell you to go with the FC as that will help more in that area. Of course, if you bought Jackson unit for the high rpm power, then the FS unit will continue to feed that desire.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
im only gonna comment on 1 thing, the sound(because anything else would start arguments)

4-2-1 sounds smoother

4-1 sounds meaner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts