Ford Focus Forum banner

FOCUS CENTRAL PORTED HEADS,

808 views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Dev 
#1 ·
I would like to thank naz for giving us a chance to prove our head package. 166hp is the first car in the country "NA" to break the 160hp mark with the stock computer. By the time he is done he will be in the low 170"s, we are working on this package right now. We have a 180whp package that will be finished by the end of the year, this will also use the stock computer. We will post our lastest dyno numbers for the red car later, 194WHP @8200rpm! As we have been saying, focus central heads are the strongest going; 1st in the 13"s, first to break 160whp with the stock computer, first to break 170, 180 and now 190Hp with the stock shortblock, never having the oilpan off. Thanks Naz.

Dennis

See less See more
#4 ·
hmmm...do i get a prize???

Walter and billy are KING

And with that said...how bout you get me some injectors so i dont blow this beast up and keep the record rising?

With either your new 1 3/4" 4-1 or the svt( it think the SVT header will be enough though, dont wanna loose too much lowend) and a 2.5 flexpipe and catback, it should hit low 170s...i know it will, with more cam gear tuning...got tons of dynotime coming up...

[ 10-14-2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

#6 ·
well how much does this cost? and how long does it take? I live in wisconsin so whats the shipping like? i would love more information on this!

Jon

#7 ·
call em up and ask em, there are many different stages, setups, custom inputs and addons you can do...too much to just give 1 price...just call and talk to em

Its so cool how we have so much power coming out of NA cars.....thnx to both companies for the majority...FS and FC...

Keep pushin the limits, and then sending me the packages

oh, and no im NOT sponsored or some **** like that, to those who would just love to tear me apart and say i get free stuff...so dont worry...

Im just a guy who enjoys working on my car...

[ 10-14-2002, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

#8 ·
Well not to take nazs thunder but not the first we have been over 180hp sence aug. 165 in june

and we are doing it with the stock ECU also

we dont just do boosted cars here

i have tryed to get the guy to come on the jet but he sais he just doesent care to

its still great workand i know naz likes it

tom

#10 ·
tom...can we PLEASE get more detail on the 192whp car and some dynoes, mods, pics or something? I just wanna see what kinda stuff it takes, no need to tell us the secrets, just a few hints or specs...mainly a dyno, i would love to see the curve...i cant imagine how hard it has to go up to reach 192whp at only 7200rpm...thats almost impossible on a NA car, not saying its not, just saying that must be 1 hell of a tune on that car...great job BTW...its awesome to see all these NA cars putting out these unbeliavable numbers

#11 ·
Originally posted by nader6972:
166hp is the first car in the country "NA" to break the 160hp mark with the stock computer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a question for you? Would that be the first non-chipped (I don't know if Naz has a chip or not, nor do I care) or the first dynoed past 160whp. I ask because I know of a car that may have been there before this. Not Tom's car either.

[ 10-14-2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: FocallyDistorted ]

#12 ·
i DONT have a chip...nor do i care if you care...
, but please, inform me of this car you speak of...so far, vaporwear doesnt go far with me...I would like to see pics, dynoes, mods, who where when...sort of stuff....not that i really care who is the first or not, it doesnt matter, just wanna see who im competing against

But im sure i would gain 500whp from a cool super duper chip....

And im sure the car tom dynoed is a full out race car....probably with carbs on it....can we finally get some detail tom?? Come on man...stop makin me guess

[ 10-14-2002, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

#13 ·
Originally posted by nader6972:
166hp is the first car in the country "NA" to break the 160hp mark with the stock computer. Dennis
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats awesome, but correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Chris (Airforcefocus) hit 163fwp with stock computer and a Stock TB... The last time chris ran his car (detuned) it hit 158...

Ooops Correction, I believe Chris has a chip, but he doesnt have at TB, and also less aggressive cams then crower stage 2s...

STill, Way to go Naz..

[ 10-14-2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: spinwax ]

#14 ·
Originally posted by spinwax:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nader6972:
166hp is the first car in the country "NA" to break the 160hp mark with the stock computer. Dennis
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats awesome, but correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Chris (Airforcefocus) hit 163fwp with stock computer and a Stock TB... The last time chris ran his car (detuned) it hit 158...

Ooops Correction, I believe Chris has a chip, but he doesnt have at TB, and also less aggressive cams then crower stage 2s...

STill, Way to go Naz..
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">actually if he has the KENT cams...those are WAY more aggresive then crower stage 2....at least they idle a hell of alot bigger then the crower2, which dont lope at all

Those kents sound mean as hell though...and as far as the specs in front of me show, they are WAY bigger then the crower stage 2 cams...

I never knew about him hitting 163whp...i only saw 158, but if so, then HELL YEAH MAN< welcome to 160whp+ territory

#15 ·
Yeah, his car hit 162-63 and then they de-tuned it slightly to change where the torque or somthing came on, you will have to ask him. I have driven Chris's car, and you cant even tell it has cams from the sound.. Only slightly at idle, but you have to know what you are listening for.. He is running the stock TB, which Im sure is hurting him slightly..1-3 hp, I would guess, what do you think?

#17 ·
Originally posted by spinwax:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nader6972:

STill, Way to go Naz..
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is who I was gonna say, damn joo Johnny. Yeah, Chris swapped out his flex pipe for a FS pipe and has not dynoed since 158whp, but we are damn sure that his numbers are over the 160whp mark. Just as soon as he get that TB in there, he should be around 165whp - 170whp.

#16 ·
yeah, a TB would give him 2-3whp for sure...and some intake manifold work

I know though, that the kents are bigger cams, i cant even imagine what i would get if i put the stage 3 cams in there

As a matter of fact, nader has about the same thing i have with the stage 3...he will be dynoin soon so we will see, im sure he will break 170whp easily

#18 ·
cool

remember guys, this isnt a competition on who is better, the more of us that get there the better...im noticing a bit of the XXX vs XXX thing, and i definetly dont wanna start that.

The next goal for all of us should be 170whp, stock ecu, streetable, without going way overboard with RPMs

Thats my goal with the bigger header, flexpipe and exhuast...170whp should be NO prob...

By then my cams are probably gonna be maxed out, and thats ok, i really dont wanna go to a bigger cam to sacrifice low end power, idle and the future upgradability to a turbo, since the stage 2 crowers work great with boost as we know via jon

#21 ·
Hopefully I'm not alone here, but I could care less about how much hp the car produces if it doesn't have any useable torque. How much torque is it putting down, and where on the powerband can one find it?

#22 ·
Originally posted by PhocusZX3:
Hopefully I'm not alone here, but I could care less about how much hp the car produces if it doesn't have any useable torque. How much torque is it putting down, and where on the powerband can one find it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your not alone...you're one of US!!..That has been a huge topic of all the N/A threads, keep reading, look at the dynos, and the rpm curves-- we are all over 140 ft lbs peaks, with curves that IMMEDIATELY leave the stock one behind. In other words, it ramps up right where stock does, just A LOT faster per rpm, and the peak span is about twice as long.

In other words, any sacrifices you are alluding to.......have been gone awhile now.

and yes, WE LIKE IT!

[ 10-14-2002, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

#24 ·
Originally posted by PhocusZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">umm....im not sure about what you guys mean, but as far as NA power graphs, i think 1 have 1 badass torque curve, please look at it FIRST.

Im not comparing to turbo cars, but as far as NA powerbands....i do believe my torque curve is pretty damn tight...and i make 166whp at 6400rpm, thats awesome on a NA car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.