Ford Focus Forum banner

Focus Challenge 2009, Round 1, Buttonwillow, March 28th

5K views 65 replies 17 participants last post by  BOWERSdaAZIAN 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I didn't see a post for the event, so here we go!

The first Focus Challenge of the 2009 Season will be held on Saturday, March 28th at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Here is the registration link:

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/cp/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=57

Price has been set at only $175 for Saturday, and the price includes the use of a timing transponder on Saturday.

You can also register for both Saturday and Sunday, and participate in the Redline Time Attack on Sunday.

#3 ·
Dang its really tempting to do both days, but i think ill just be doing the FC on Saturday. I have leave scheduled for this, but ill wait on registering until i can get a trailer lined up.

#4 · (Edited)
Signed up :thumbup:

Trailer aquired, tires purchased, alignment scheduled and the car is running great.

Less then 3 weeks!

*edit. If anyone wants to split a room ill be staying one night, Friday the 27th just for the FC. I'll most likely be reserving the room this week.

#7 ·
Redline shows config #13 on their site

The last time i was there they did allow passengers (in 2005, lol). Things change though, so i'd wait for clarification. That or email Nik or Chris.

#8 ·
Buttonwillow does allow passengers. Rules will be set by Redline. They probably won't allow the beginner groups, but the intermediate/advanced groups I would guess are golden.

#12 ·
I have to calculate mine to reflect the JCM mobile. Do you have a way to do it? since the FC site is down, im kinda at a loss.

#15 ·
lofocus said:
damn i want to run.. :mad: ...oh well got to get the car in shape first.....if i go can i do a ride along with one of you? i promise not to wet myself! :D
with the way some of these guys drive that may be a promise you cant keep:p

:lol:

#16 ·
sleeperlove said:
with the way some of these guys drive that may be a promise you cant keep:p

:lol:
I'll take this as a compliment :D My instructors this weekend were squirming around pretty good this weekend.

#18 ·
tparker said:
Brad why did you have instructors with you? You are a good driver already.
Even the best drivers on the planet have driving coaches.

I think it was mostly because he was at a track new to him though.

#19 ·
Correct. I had never been on the big track before. And free instruction is the best instruction. My first instructor was useless, my second instructor helped a small bit, and my third instructor helped a lot (top H4 driver and engineering dork)

#24 ·
^:lol:

blueovaldave said:
Clint which Toyos are you running in order to run the Street class??
yeah ill be running R1R's in 235/40/17 front and 215/45/17 rear to match my new 17x8/17x7 wheel combo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.