Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to the rookie!!! Josh Young!!!!!!!

Josh turned in a helluva time, despite the starter cutting his session short by a lap. Congrats to Lorin and Dana for finishing up the podium!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had a blast today! :rock:

And considering I only had 4 or 5 laps running this track before the Focus challenge, I did alright. :cool:

I feel bad that Chris didn't even get a lap in before finishing off the tire. He would have had a very competitive time. He liked my cars setup so much that I couldn't get him out of the drivers seat during the whole first session this morning. :lol:

On the plus side he loaned me his track tires to get me through the rest of the day and get me home. :thumbup: Needless to say the last few sessions were very fun. :party: But now I have to buy two sets of tires. :rant: :D

Thanks to everyone for putting this together. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Wow, what a day! I just got home...3:30 a.m. Have to be at work in five hours...but I would not have changed a thing about the trip. Tymeks and I both had an unbelievable time, and we both want to say thanks to everyone who helped us out this weekend. If we didn't have the support of you guys out there, we just could not have made the trip. Thanks especially to: Stout for the room, rides, and advice. Frush and Lorin for tools, etc. And to the Barber boys (Allan & Scott) for their encouragement and instruction.

Here's to next time. :evilgrin:

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
nicely done guys...

Anyone who did not sign-up via the focus challenge but drove that day, please sign up and I will post the scores on the website as well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Josh, congrats. You were kicking major ass and taking names for sure!! I had a freakin awesome time! Met some faces from the jet, hung out with old friends, and absolutely drove the snot out of my car. Doesnt get much better than this guys! Special thanks to Allan and Scottish (sorry about your engine bro), and the Redline boys for putting on the Challenge. Allan, you have got to do something about those fender flares buddy!!

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Alrighty folks, spill it. What happened to Scottish's engine? What happened to Stouts car? Any other mis-haps?

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Scott got 2 laps on a newly installed blower....it let go. On review of the motor it appears to have had the wrong plugs installed. The shop has promissed to have a new engine (purpose build by them) free of charge in time for the time attack.

I cannot say enough about the group that showed. Haggis crew was so helpful it literally cannot be over stated. Basically there were 12 guys helping each other 100%! One of the best weekends I have ever seen. Dabbs and his wife were there helping right when I needed them.

Fridays tire testing was so intense! So much to do to insure (discriminate validity) by the engineer from Modified Mustang whom really ran the show. (I just was the shoe)- amazing weekend. MAn I am beat. Thanks for all the FC guys too

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
belacyrf said:
What happened to Stouts car?
Probably just the throw-out bearing, might be that he lost a puck on the clutch... Nothing serious.

·
Registered
764 Posts
belacyrf said:
Any other mis-haps?
I lost a valve stem cover.:(

As usual, I had a blast. Josh is the new Kee. It was a perfect day for hot-lapping. My JRSC loved the cool temps. My goal for the day was to get into the 2:13's and I achieved that. But I may have hit a wall there [2:13] without limited slip. :bang:

I'm just living a dream every time I'm out there and that's what it's all about.:thumbup:

I said all my "thank you"'s when I left, but I just wanted to commend all involved for a successful effort.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Dana, you should be in the 2:0Xs with an LSD, no problem.

I had a GREAT time, probably my favorite track day ever. I drove Josh's car in the third session and had an AMAZING time, those race tires and LSD make a HUGE difference. Lorin and Stout saw me when I got out of the car, I could barely breathe! :lol: Thanks again Josh. :thumbup:

I think we made a great representation for the Focus even with the few people we had.

Thanks again to Mr. Crockett for the ride, advice, encouragement, and everything else he does for our community!

See you all next time!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi guy what a great weekend even though the car blew up. Thanks to all that came out and in the words of Arnold "I will Be Back"
Scottish.
PS well done Josh

·
Registered
87 Posts
If only I ran as good as I did in my last session! For my last time around the track i got 2:19.634. But it was still a fun event and I hope for more Focus Challenge's soon. Good job to everyone, it was a blast and this is sure to be my first of many track events to come.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Congrats to Josh for ripping off some kickass laps!

I enjoyed the weekend, with or without my car.

A big thanks to Alex for the car time... she's a hoot!

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Great, I got Jeff hooked on race tires!:lol: :thumbup:

I had a LOOOONG and excellent weekend out there. As far as the challenge went, thanks a TON to Jeff for the loaner!:rock: (sorry for the undercarriage dust:garage: ).
There was a small flat spot on the LF tire that I felt on the warm up lap, and when I went for the hot lap, the car found the flat spot under braking and WHEEEEEEE I went off course. I only got into the dirt by a car length, but shaved enough rubber off that it would essentially keep the car from rolling down a hill in neutral.:lol: :banana:

The clutch on my car won't fully disengage, but that will be rectified by the time attack in December.

Thanks for the fun times guys! Thanks a ton to Bull for coming out, it would have been a bear without him. :bow: Thanks to the AZ guys for the gummies!:lol: Thanks to Lorin for the back rub.:eek: :what: Many thanks to Modified for being a couple of kick arse guys! Thanks to Scotty for everything.:thumbup:

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
FocusAZ1 said:
What were you two up to while we slept? :eek:

Actually, the question is what did we do to you!?. I had no idea that ruffies were available at the truck stop in gummie worm format!:D

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Only the fact that the 4 speed auto's missing an underdriven ratio below 1:1... making the auto's 1-2 gearing almost as long as the man's 1-2-3; the difference being the final drive ratio...

Meh. I am pwn3d too...

Anyway, check my pictorinis from Sat afternoon ...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts