Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think that a FC event has been done before in AZ, but we've got an SVTOA On-Track event in a couple of weeks at Firebird International Raceway and I was wondering if it would be ok to setup a Focus Challenge session if I could get the approval from SVTOA. Is there anything wrong with this idea? It'd be a chance to get more of the Dezert crew involved in FC sponsored events and would likely lead to greater involvement in CA events too I would think. Feedback...

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Sounds good to me! I dont really think I need to PM you though;)

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
scottishsvt said:
You need to talk to Redline track events because they own the Focus Challenge name and event.
Scottish.
Thats true, I made sure It was all up and up for the SVTOA event

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With only two weeks left before the event, I won't be able to pull this off. A big hit against the plan is that I'm not even positive that we're going to have official timing...official being, not stopwatching everyone. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yes Redline owns the name and the events, but I'm sure they'll be ok. I still handle the website as of now, so if you are able to get their buy off let me know and I'll set it up!

Just FYI we used to do our first FC events with a hand held stop watch!! It works fine. Remember the FC wasnt' about perfect timing, it's more about fun :)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh well shoot...

I think that we will have between ten and fifteen foci, so this would be a perfectly cool time to do a FC.

Who should I contact at Redline. Just use the "contact us" on their website?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
FocusAZ1 said:
Oh well shoot...

I think that we will have between ten and fifteen foci, so this would be a perfectly cool time to do a FC.

Who should I contact at Redline. Just use the "contact us" on their website?
I would say Nik will probably not be an issue, but definately clear it with him. The thing you have to decide is

1. will SVTOA give you the 30minute lunchtime to run an FC Only session?

2. If not, then you will need to do timing during normal run sessions which will be tough with a stop watch.

So you have to figure out timing. Just have everyone rent transponders if they are available for rent!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
You could always offer to pay the RLTE crew to come out and do the timing...

Or I'm available! :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
RLTE = Redline Track Events (Nik)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called Nik today and left a message. Is he the type to return phone calls or should I find an alternate way to contact him?

I've gotten approval for a 30-45 minute Focus exclusive track time from SVTOA. I still haven't figured out if we're going to have timing, but I've lined up some "timers" if it falls through.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
What is the date of the event? How much is it? Is there a website that is where to pay?

I'll set it up on the FC site.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The date of the event is 11/24 & 11/25. It is $149.00 for Friday's driver meeting and the event on Saturday. Only $99.00 for Saturday racers. Hypothetically the www.svtoaz.com website will accept payments, but I've heard that they're paypal has been crapping out on them. Best way to register is to call Kristen Heffern @ (480) 497-7529. Thanks again for the help Bela!

Btw, are we going to be able to get track times from this event as well as the last one out at Buttonwillow up on the FC site? It's cool how some of the guys have their best times on their pages...me wants too. :evilgrin:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts