Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if there is any interest in attempting to revive the Focus Challenge in 2011, especially once the 2012's start hitting dealers in mass.

We can make it relatively low key.. make it an All Ford thing... or only a Focus thing.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'd love to get my Focus back out on the track on a regular basis. Or hell, even if it's just a once a year thing. I don't care.

I'm sure we can rent Streets of Willow during the summer. Maybe make it a Friday event.

Post here if you'd be interested in coming out to the track with your Focus and taking part in the Focus Challenge or even just the open track day.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I have a shed full of not-yet-bald track rubber and a Focus that isn't broken... so yeah, I'm down!

I haven't had my Focus on track since '08!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would love to attend a Focus Challenge. I want to see how others drive their focus and maybe I can pick up a few pointers as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
i would be interested.

i havent heard from todd in a long time. does anyone know if he is ok? he seemed to just disappear. :screwy:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I'd say bring it here to Austin Texas, but I don't know how many would show up.

If we had an open class with unlimited mods, just safety regs, I'd be down. But I'm not driving to California!
When we did it before the cars were handicapped based on mods, tires, ect.

So much time for each mod and you were indexed.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I've been to 2 FC's and they were great! I'd be down in 2011.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Would you think about doing something in the NW? Portland would be your best bet (from a cost perspective) and I suspect there will be open days in PIR's schedule. Clubs are cutting back. Getting enough Focuses to such an event here might be tricky. But I think it would be fun. Maybe a more open "small bore" or 4-cylinder track day, with a FC run group? The only "club" around here that ever does any actual timing is Alfa (outside of SCCA and "Conference" racing events). Full-size course time-trial type events are relatively rare.

Edit/Add:

Bremerton would also be a candidate and I think would be pretty cheap. It is normally
set up a little like a giant auto-cross course (with cone features), but might suit this application. SCCA runs its novice time trial events out there.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I would be in for something in the Northwest it would be a ton of fun!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm in for the Northwest between now and the end of March or anything in socal following that.

But only if it's open to other Fords. My focus has been gone a while and I can't stand the new ones so I bought a Fiesta hatch. Unfortunately, there's not enough of them around for a track day yet!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will eventually create a Fiesta Challenge... I own the domain name FiestaChallenge.com already! One day we'll host both the Focus Challenge and Fiesta Challenge at the same event!

At least it looks like there will be some interest in another Focus Challenge event. I'll try to schedule it in the warmer months.. May or June...

Odds are we'll need the event to be hosted by SpeedVentures, and I'll try to get it hosted at Streets of Willow, where the FC first got started!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
:( and I just bought an M helmet for Autocrossing

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Hmmmm.....
If that were the case, I'd love to make an event if one would happen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts