Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I either need to work out a transfer of ownership on the hosting of the Focus Challenge or I need to take it down. I've been paying to host the focus challenge out of my own pocket for a long while now, and can no longer do it.

We need to work out a solution as soon as possible... as I really need to get this thing out of my budget.

Thanks

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
David, can you shoot a message to Ron.

The plan has been for him to take over hosting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Im sorry to hear the news :(

Hopefully someone generous enough will step in and take your place. It might be a mouthful, but what is involved in running something like the FC. Maybe if you post the taskings chores, and possibly costs, someone would be willing to take it over.

I hope this works out for the best, for everyones sake.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've built FC to be pretty much self sufficient, the only thing that needs to be done, is adding data for the newer focus.. but it still kind of works for it now..

There are not "tasking" chores for this site, right now I just pay for hosting.

todd, I dont want to handle the communications and the negotiations, I gave the FC to Redline, Ron, and yourself.. just tell me what to do with it. I can download the site and database and and give it to one of you to do what you will with it, or I can work with the hosting company and just transfer ownership.

Either way, it needs SQL Database and ASP hosting.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
belacyrf said:
i've built FC to be pretty much self sufficient, the only thing that needs to be done, is adding data for the newer focus.. but it still kind of works for it now..

todd, I dont want to handle the communications and the negotiations, I gave the FC to Redline, Ron, and yourself.. just tell me what to do with it. I can download the site and database and and give it to one of you to do what you will with it, or I can work with the hosting company and just transfer ownership.

OK, if you can do me a small favor and just leave it up until after Nov 20th (last event for the year on the 14th), and then at that time, throw it in a zip file that I can download (or if its easier, on DVD or whatever) I'll make sure its taken care of.

Thanks for all the hard work put in!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ditto, i dont think ive ever expressed thanks for the people behind the scenes at such events. But you guys truly are the magic makers that help make this site what it is today!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Totally, or even start a registration fee at every event to benefit the FC and its participants.

·
Registered
566 Posts
belacyrf said:

hay guys i would be willing to host it. i have a business cable connection at home here that i am hosting a site for my uncle. i am a IT Manager/Network Admin so i can set it up no problem. let me know. i am more than willing to help the cause! :rock:

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here ya go fella's good luck:

one, two, 20 of you, can download this and knock yourself out. I will be happy to help you guys set it up on a new server. Just know the code, while functional, is a bit sloppy and I'm a much better coder now then I was, so take it for what it is.

You'll need a SQL 2005 Database server and an IIS web server that will support ASP.

I've already submitted the cancellation request for the DB and the website, so it'll be going down some time soon.

Good luck fellas, sorry I couldn't continue to pay for the hosting, just isn't making to much sense to continue to pay for something I dont use or get any gain out of :)

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I think we've got it covered with Ron's help. I'll talk with him this week and see if he needs anything, and send him your way if we do!

Thanks!

·
Registered
566 Posts
ok. cool. you might want to remove the link to the db and site files as so unkind people dont download it and use the info to screw with it. jsut a suggestion. i already downloaded it if ron needs it.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you guys download the files?

If so I'll remove the links.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool thanks Todd..

links are gone.