Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't come accross any threads on this but there's Blue Saleen Focus featured in the recent Tim Allen Movie "The Shaggy Dog."
Belong to anyone on here?

·
What have I... What have I... What have I done to
14,709 Posts
When my parents watched that movie they made sure to tell me to come in and check out the "really awesomely modded Focus". I go in to see a stock Saleen :dunno:

-Brian

·
Registered
70 Posts
-Yes I have that car with documentation from Saleen that it was used in the Movie, it is 05-0002 N2O

·
Registered
70 Posts
So you bought the car from Chris?
No that car was not sold to anyone, my guess is the dealer told him that it was the movie car. If you slow mo the movie you can see 02 on the bumper. Saleen has owned the car until 2008 when I purchased it from them. Saleen provided me with a letter from there files that it was the movie car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No storm, I have a letter from Saleen and watch the movie in slow mo during that parts very clear 02. If Chris has a letter from Saleen then they will need to determine who is correct.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
I'll have to check out the movie again, Several people said they had paused the films first scene leaving the parking lot and saw the number 31 on the bumper.

Makes me wonder if they used two cars in the filming, seems to be pretty common practice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Slow mo is as they slide across the parking lot, that is where I noticed the 02 on the bumper, I tried to stop and slow mo it in a couple of other places to see the bumper but was not able to get a good view of it. It is possible they used two cars, I do know this Saleen has documented for me it was used in the movie. Can we up load a PDF to this site?

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
I don't think you can upload a PDF but anything you can host through Photobucket or other file hosting sites works.

It's not a huge concern for me, it was just surprising since the guy I knew thought he had the movie car as well but he's since sold it and I'm not sure where it is now.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
So you are in Haymarket and did not show the car at the event in Gainesville?

·
Registered
70 Posts
What event in Gainesville and when? I woul dhave been there had I known about it.

Also found the sopts in the movie where the car is and it does look like two different cars but I stil dont see #31 on the bumper in either section

13 min 15 sec and 1 hour 16 min 37 sec.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Hang out in Team MA and you will know when we meet. Normally the active folks in the area meet at my place.

·
I'm gonna knock you out, Momma.
1,170 Posts
There's a very real chance that they used multiple Saleens in the movie.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I watched it several times last night and it looks like the first time it is the 05-0001 car and the second time is the 05-0002.

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
When my parents watched that movie they made sure to tell me to come in and check out the "really awesomely modded Focus". I go in to see a stock Saleen :dunno:

-Brian
That car was actually sold to the studio from a dealership I worked at in 2005 and 2006. I remember because my son was born that year and I know the salesman who arranged the deal. I actually got to drive the car before it was picked up. Sweet ride!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No that car was not sold to anyone, my guess is the dealer told him that it was the movie car. If you slow mo the movie you can see 02 on the bumper. Saleen has owned the car until 2008 when I purchased it from them. Saleen provided me with a letter from there files that it was the movie car.
I watched it several times last night and it looks like the first time it is the 05-0001 car and the second time is the 05-0002.

-Brian
That car was actually sold to the studio from a dealership I worked at in 2005 and 2006. I remember because my son was born that year and I know the salesman who arranged the deal. I actually got to drive the car before it was picked up. Sweet ride!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts