Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know basic bolt ons are always the best way to go ( intake,cat back, etc.) but what else should I go with to hopefully get my car into the high 15's without doing a lot of major work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Intake, Exhaust, Flex Pipe, T/B, UDP, and some track time should get you to high 15's if you are a 5 spd running stock wheels. Have fun!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, the typical route...intake, exhaust, and a race header/flex pipe...with some good driving should easily put you into the 15's....as long as you're running an MTX anyways, goodluck

-Jason

·
Registered
168 Posts
yeah and get some good low profile tires to make you gearing a little shorter

·
Registered
970 Posts
what would u need if u have an autotragic tranny

·
Registered
384 Posts
All depends on how much you have to spend.
Here how I see it:
- Intake: AEM, Iceman, Volant, etc.
- UDP: AFX,FC,Esslinger,etc
- CatBack:Bosal, Magnaflow, Vibrant, Borla,etc
- Header: Shorty type: Pacesetter, Focus Central,
JBA, Focus Sport.
- Race Header: Focus Central, Focus Sport, JBA,etc
*If you go with a shorty header, you will retain your catalytic converter. Get a high flow cat converter; Right now we on have the Random Technology, but Bosal will have one out shorty.
- Flexpipe: Focus Sport, Focus Central, Bosal.
- TB: Focus Central & BBK right now. MAC and Focus Sport will have one soon.
* If you have a automatic, a chip is a must because it moves the rev limter and shifts so much better. Either a DiabloSport or Superchip, depending on your ECU code. Talk to a dealer about your code and what chip would be most effective. MyFordPerformance and 2D are one of the view dealers I know of who carry both.

Find you a good dealer on here. We have alot. ModernPerformance, NewEdge Performance, and MyFordPerformance have always been good to me. Hope this helped. Any more questions, ask on here, do a search on here, or send me a message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts