Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking of buying a focus race header with a hi-flow cat but i want to know if it is still going to be street legal if not why? and if so what are the power gains/losses. And is is extremely loud or just noisy

Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
No it will not be legal. I'm not sure where, but somewhere in the Law books it says that you can't move the location of the cat unless your car has over 50,000 miles(i think)on it. It goes something like that. There are more people on this website that can elaborate futher on the subject. As for the sound, i don't know what it will sound like with the race header and a highflow cat.......Russell

·
Registered
400 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by njfocus:
i want to know if it is still going to be street legal if not why? <hr></blockquote>

Being that your in NJ, it would never be legal. As posted above there is a federal law that prevents replacement/movement of the cat for a certain time period. But some states you can get an initial inspection when you purchase the car then never again so they can change it later with out worries. But we have inspections every 2 years and unless you have a hookup, you'll probably get caught.

I've made it through out here with 20% tint all around, no door handles and euro spec headlights, but that was from a hookup and all my emissions stuff was legal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts