Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little something for all of u. If u have a stock intake, and u want a little more sound out of it, you can remove the resonator from the side of the intake box. It will give u a little more sound from ur intake. Just a little mod u can do. Let me know what u think about it when u do it or if uv already done it.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
yeah, lots of people with the stock intake have done this. i think it was dyno proven to lose horsepower actually, if not plugged. but hey, i did it (before my volant), great sound!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I Diddnt notice any difference in sound from removing it. The only power loss you might experience would be from pulling in hot air at low speeds like the cone filters do. Thought I would post this alternative to routing the air intake tube thats connected to the resonator hole. You can go to the auto parts store and buy a 30" long piece of black duct the type used in old VW's for $3.00. Its like the home Depot hose except its covered with a black paper on the outside and tan on the inside. I ran mine from the resonator opening up and over the front of the battery where I fastened the end next to the stock snorkle inlet.Theres plenty of room for the hood to close over it. No hot air gets in = no power loss. There are 3 small tabs on the bottom of the resonator opening it helps if you grind or cut these back (small piece of hacksaw blade)so the hose will slide on to the opening further.This wont hurt the airbox at all and you can clip the resonator back on in a minute if you go in for warranty work. I used a zip tie to secure mine. What I dont like about running it under the headlight is that theres alot of dirt and debri constantly being churned around in the wheel well by the tire. This plugs up the filter alot sooner. Also by running it to the front its bringing in the coolest possible air. Photo:

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
put it back on or cap it off....u lose hp and tq all across the complete rev range by havin it off. i have dyno proof of this.

-Ult

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
put it back on or cap it off....u lose hp and tq all across the complete rev range by havin it off. i have dyno proof of this.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ult can you post that dyno for reference? Not saying that you are lying or anything I would just like to have that for my collection that I'm starting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts