Ford Focus Forum banner

Focus RS

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Thameth 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, has anyone seen info on the focus RS in europe?
it has turbo engine for 210 hp
how close is the engine to the focus over here?
is the turbo from europe compatible with the
engines here?

#4 ·
We're familiar with it.

Turbo's a Garrett GT2560LS.

And no, it wouldn't be anywhere near $36k here. More like mid-high 20s. You have to look at the prices of identical cars sold on both sides of the pond to get an accurate idea of price.

EVO Magazine Performance Figures:
(Road tested at Millbrook Proving Ground in September 2002)

0-30mph in 2.5secs.
0-60mph in 5.9secs.
0-100mph in 14.9secs.
0-130mph in 32.6secs.
1/4 mile in 14.6secs/99mph.

#6 ·
The Ford Focus RS 2.0-liter engine is similiar in many ways as the US version with the exception of naturally the turbocharger,air-to-water intercooler boost recirculation valve to reduce lag,forged aluminum pistons,forged connecting rods and sodium-filled exhaust valves to protect the power increase to 212 hp and 229 lb-ft torque.0-60 mph 6.4 seconds with a top speed of 144 mph.Not bad numbers indeed
.Now at $27,000 for one to be sold in the US personally I don't see Ford doing that because of the Mustang GT is sold here and not in Europe.But you never know.

#9 ·
WHy not just supercharge your car? Considerably more hp than the RS and easy to do. You can get RS body pieces from http://www.european-parts.net/lights.htm
Then you have it all.
there isn't a supercharger out yet that produces more than 200whp. And most people putting the JRSC on have been getting in the 180's and 190's for the most part. Now put a turbo on it and you will be more. But the RS is AWD and that is the other added benefit of bringing it over here.

#10 ·
But the RS is AWD and that is the other added benefit of bringing it over here.
The Focus RS is FWD not AWD but the added benefit is that it has a standard Quaife torque-biasing worm-type limited-slip differential.

#12 ·
But the RS is AWD and that is the other added benefit of bringing it over here.
The Focus RS is FWD not AWD but the added benefit is that it has a standard Quaife torque-biasing worm-type limited-slip differential.
It's not? I could have sworn the whole damn hype about the RS is the turbo and AWD. Is there another version or something over there that is AWD? Or is it just a benefit everyone wants if they brought it over here?

sorry, guess I was wrong.

#15 ·
Let's say we match the HP numbers at least at the wheels w/JRSC (not torq.
) Beef up the tires. RS does have a nice set of 325 mm Brembos vs the plain but relatively good 300mm brakes up front on SVT. AP Racing clutch is also worth mentioning but can we put all that extra power to the ground: I know that the RS Quaife LSD is matched fot the Ford's own gearbox, used on RS, but how different is it from Quaife LSD, offered for our own Getrag 6 speed transmission????
Queston#2: Did someone finnaly manage to put 225 wide tires without problems????

#16 ·
mmmmmmmm . . . RS . . . pretty

thanks for the pic!

#20 ·
If only the Euro emission regs and ours were compatible, comparable or the same, US car manufcturers would have less cost involved in bringing a Euro model to the states.

I'm sure the reason we have'nt seen the RS here is because the dollars it would cost to meet US Stds versus what Ford thinks they can make on it, doesnt justify the cost... Rats thats all I can say Rats!!!

#21 ·
Let's say we match the HP numbers at least at the wheels w/JRSC (not torq.
) Beef up the tires. RS does have a nice set of 325 mm Brembos vs the plain but relatively good 300mm brakes up front on SVT. AP Racing clutch is also worth mentioning but can we put all that extra power to the ground: I know that the RS Quaife LSD is matched fot the Ford's own gearbox, used on RS, but how different is it from Quaife LSD, offered for our own Getrag 6 speed transmission????
Queston#2: Did someone finnaly manage to put 225 wide tires without problems????
I have 225's on my SVT with only very slight rubbing over large bumps or extreme cornering. But i also have 225/40/18's if you get 225/35/17's you should have no problems at all. Thats on OZ SuperL's with a 42mm offset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.