Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Re: Focus Screamin\' Demon Coil

easy swap? and what kind of pricing if anybody knows... website or anything for them?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

Check out Newedgeperformance.com $144 coil pack and wires to handle the improved sparkage.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts

Originally posted by speedy_zx3:
easy swap?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Very easy. Just make sure you have a #25 Torx wrench. There are 4 Torx bolts holding the coil in, and they give you new ones (they are longer). If you didn't have a Torx wrench, you get the bolts, so you can go to Lows/Home Depot/etc and match one to your needs.

Check here: http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/coil.htm

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

hmm.... I may just have to do this. any noticeable gains other than the smoothing and increased mpg?

·
Registered
481 Posts

Speedy,
I doubt you will notice any HP gains from the coil and wires by themselves. As part of your overall performance plans, it's a good addition.

Take a minute and read the product review and Q&A at the bottom of the myFordFocus.com How-To Library article that EGZ posted a link to.

BTW, the price on myFordPerformance.com is $139.99

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

okidee dokidee

·
Registered
275 Posts

To all those thinking of the SD coil. You may notice an increase in MPG and a tad smoother running. I noticed that it was more resposive at the line and seemed to have a little more power at top end. BUT be warned. The papers say you can open the plugs up to .065. DONT TAKE IT THAT FAR! Take it mayber .060- .063. I did mine the whole way and Ive now got to go back and regap. it now is starting to miss gause the gap increased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts