1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem

which is a known issue

The fix

ball joint style gasket which does not leak and also doubles as the flex section, which eliminenates the the flex sections that broke twice on the standard flex design.

The best mid pipe for the focus to date

Sold only by ray @ mcnews. Give him a call today!

·
Registered
395 Posts
im looking at the top pic and im trying to figure out how the new flex seals on the header, since the header flange is flat. but in the pic, looks like there is something welded to it. care to explain more?

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the top picture is the FS 4-1 race header and FS flex pipe. they dont seal.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats just a gasket that is sandwiched in between the two.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Just don't over torque the bolts and you won't tweek the flange.

I wonder why none of our installations look like that pic?

THANK YOU!!!! I cant believe the amount of retards that think "the tighter the bolts, the less likely it will be to leak"

·
Registered
205 Posts
well is that true....i tightened mine until my hand hurt....does anyone have the torque specs for the bolts that connect the flex and header?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
IIRC Vik at FocusSport said 18ft-lbs. I believe that is the same as the race header bolt specs.

·
Banned
2,246 Posts
I'm not getting what torque has to do with this. On my car, when you mate header to flexpipe, there is a gap on the bottom. I do not have the focussport header or flexpipe, but it has happened with 2 different flanges on the engine side, connecting to the FC flexpipe. And the outcome is EXACTLY the same...there is a gap.

The gap exists with NO bolts connecting the parts.

·
Banned
454 Posts
Mines torqued 18lbs, to specs, and mines bent. Have to give ray a call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts