Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the larger diameter FS resonator installed, wow can you say shhhhhhhhh! It is very quiet and it flows better than before.

I can finally hear my own thoughts inside the car and I dont have to blast the stereo to listen to my favorite tunes anymore.

The resonator looks sturdy and the quality is there. You can still hear a low deep exhaust note but, if you like everyone to notice your car from the exhaust volume this is not for you.

My friend Todd met with me today, he has the magnaflow resonator and his car is extremely loud. I had the opportunity to ride in his car before the magnaflow resonator and it was louder, but after the new piece was installed it only muffled the tone just a tad.

Hope this info helps all of those considering the addition of a resonator.

George

P.S. Both cars have a short intake, short header, cat back and highflow cat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for letting us know JPulido.

At this moment I am considering removing the first resonator and replace it for some tubing to get better flow.
Did you tried this before? If so, can you compare the sound with your new setup? I also like to keep it quiet and get some more flow not spending a lot of money.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Originally posted by JPulido:
I just had the larger diameter FS resonator installed, wow can you say shhhhhhhhh! It is very quiet and it flows better than before.

I can finally hear my own thoughts inside the car and I dont have to blast the stereo to listen to my favorite tunes anymore.

The resonator looks sturdy and the quality is there. You can still hear a low deep exhaust note but, if you like everyone to notice your car from the exhaust volume this is not for you.

My friend Todd met with me today, he has the magnaflow resonator and his car is extremely loud. I had the opportunity to ride in his car before the magnaflow resonator and it was louder, but after the new piece was installed it only muffled the tone just a tad.

Hope this info helps all of those considering the addition of a resonator.

George

P.S. Both cars have a short intake, short header, cat back and highflow cat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is it just the resonator piece that needs to be weldet in? Will it fit on the borla as well? How much did you pay for the resonator? Special order or does FS have them in stock?

I really want to quiet my borla down. It' sstarting to get on my nerves. Ollie

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I originally had the FS cat back. The original resonator has a louvered interior that muffles the sound but does not allow good flow.

The new quiet system is the same length but it is much larger in diameter with a straight through design.

I took the car out again for another test and I reved the car up to 6500rpm it was quiet! Just a nice subtle deep sporty tone.

I remember the exhaust tone of the SVTF very similar, sporty and it wont wake up the entire community.

The resonator is 30" in length, I am not sure if it will fit a Borla but it can be modified if needed it comes with new screews and bolts as well as a new gasket. This piece also has the factory hanger hooks wich makes it so much nicer to hold in place.

They sell seperately at FS $99 worth every penny.

I hope this helps guys.

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts