Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a Tracquest event at Mid-Ohio, and the focus cleaned house in the rain. I was passing people left and right, like they were standing still. The only car that was faster was another svt from NY. I think the guy had it for less than a week, so his tires resisted hydroplaning a little more than my pretty worn ra-1's.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Eagle GS-A's on the other hand, are practically like being in a swamp skimmer. My god. Good job though, i'm sure the communicative chassis has a lot to do with your ability to push it harder as much as anything.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Rain???? You guys drive your cars in the rain?

I'm scared mine will melt, sounds pretty risky guys.

Now AutoX prepped, but still a show queen at heart.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't know if it is me or the car but I love the rain.
my LX has never been beat in the rain, and when it rains the hwole event.. and no gets any dry runs i know I can Pax in the top 5 easy, But living down here in Louisiana I get alot of practice on a wet course.
I did get a little rear wheel bounce last time I spun the car out.. I was told both backe wheels came of the ground as I bounced to a stop. I t was not the 1st time I felt that ass tighting rearend bounce , but it was the first time I was told both back tires cam off the ground. it happend right in front of every one with the rear of my car pointed to them, So The all Got a real good view of it

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
well, I measured the depth on my GS-A's and that might explain why they suck so bad. THey're under the legal limit for minimum tread depth.

Time for new tires.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yeah, I find that all the Focus advantages seem to magnified in the rain. The bigger cars can't use their power to advantage, and the Focus handling and drivability really make them shine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fun? I'd say so, I mean how many times do you get to smoke your instructor who's driving a 928S4? He had fairly new pilot sport cup tires on and just could not hook up in the corners. My RA-1's were fabulous except for the standing water in the straights. I stayed on the race line where most other people were trying a rain line. If I can figure out the video thing I'll get some posted. Lots of viper/c5/996s4/audis4/wrx (don't bother counting mustangs anymore) kills, me following a faster svt focus, and me almost spinning.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, Let me try this video thing. Feel free to e-mail me with optimum settings or a good program, right now I'm using the free windows one.

NearSpin (12Mb)

It didn't work linking directly to the video, so this is a link to the page.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.