Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine just bought a new nissan altima and wants to race my Focus, should i challenge him or not?? I have the 16 Valve 2.0L Zetec, automatic tranny with only one MINOR performance upgrade which is my flowmaster exhaust with chrome tip. His Nissan is 2.2L 4 cylinder with 175 HP, standard tranny with everything bone stock. Should we throw down??? I don't wanna get embarrased by a NISSAN

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That one mod you have, will more than likely just slow you down in reality.

Unless he missed a gear, he'd smoke you.

[ 04-05-2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: whiskeytangofoxtrot ]

·
Registered
972 Posts
Sorry...

"I don't wanna get embarrased by a NISSAN"
Try racing any sporty Nissan.

~Steve

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had any Auto ZX3 w/intake,exhust,headers,pullies,65mm TB,spark plugs etc, i took on a 2.5S auto Altima i didn't lose by much

·
Registered
284 Posts
man, all you got is a auto zx3 w/ exaust, which is slow as fuc*, I am sure you'll lose the race, unless the other driver suck really bad at driving, but probably his car is auto too and that kills all the driving there is to do.

So yeah, dont accept it, just say your car is too slow... and just one more thing, about ALL the nissans (except the normal sentra) will hand your little ZX3 ass to you anytime.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
yup youll be looking at tasteless factory altezzas if you race him, mmm nissan. Even with the 2.5 they are still pretty quick.

[ 04-05-2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: ZX3guy182 ]

·
Banned
410 Posts
My sister has that same car (the altima, in an automatic. And I took it when my 5 speed zx3 was stock, but not by much, those little cars are pretty quick, I dont remeber the 1/4 mile time.

if you have an auto, I wouldnt do it.

G

·
0 Posts
Even the older version altima would kill auto focus. hey, I have auto focus and I know this thing is slow

But, I could help my friend haul 32 inch. TV with the box, now that something Altima will never do

=dRe=

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
you don't wanna get emabarrased by a nissan? because it's french? shoot dude that car is much better than yours, and w/an extra 45HP. you'll get your ass handed to you, plus he's a standard. which is more likely to be a quicker accelerator

if anything i wouldn't wanna get embarrassed by his attitude. if that was he were a dick. but anyway, you lose

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, well i shouldn't race then, BTW, i have a sedan not a ZX3. And his altima is an automatic also. Still though i see i'll get beat. Also, when i said i didn't wanna get "embarrased by a NISSAN" I wasn't saying that Nissans were sh*tty cars, i was saying that because I am a Ford guy and only a Ford guy. But thanks for the input guys. My Car Is Sooo Slow!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, i also have focus and a 2.5 altima. No comparison. Altima pulls hard in 2nd, focus doesnt. Altima fast, focus, not. Lets just say, dont waste your gas, youll just get embarrased.

Garrett

·
Registered
744 Posts
a base model automatic sentra will lose to a base model zx3 ... this is a proven fact... I've seen and done it with my eyes,hands, and feet

·
Registered
201 Posts
my buddy has a Sentra SER V-spec and the he want to see how bad he could kill me so I said sure, his car was stock, All I have is a CAI, 18"s, also my car came with 2000 intake from factory.
He ended up being pissed cause we were door to door, no winners or losers, I was happier than sh_t, cause he couldn't take me. He thinks I have more done to my car but I don't. I think it comes down to the driver.

You can have a fast car, but can you drive it.

marco

·
Registered
759 Posts
my parents just got a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 with an auto tranny
i have a 2002 MACH ZTS 5speed
i bet the altima would give me a run for my money

so auto focus vs 5 speed 2.5 i would say 2.5

edit:
just got back from driving the new altima, man is that car fun to drive and it's an auto

i cant even think what the 3.5SE with a stick must be like

[ 04-07-2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: focalBlur ]

·
Registered
317 Posts
Originally posted by focalBlur:
my parents just got a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 with an auto tranny
i have a 2002 MACH ZTS 5speed
i bet the altima would give me a run for my money

so auto focus vs 5 speed 2.5 i would say 2.5

edit:
just got back from driving the new altima, man is that car fun to drive and it's an auto

i cant even think what the 3.5SE with a stick must be like
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nissan Mechanic here... www.executivenissan.com

The QR25DE w/ a stick in any Nissan will own any Focus, Period.
The VQ35DE is in my opinion the best engine made right now, which is why they are probably putting it in everything. Maxima, Altima, Pathfinder, Murano, the new Quest, not to mention 287hp 350Z.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Originally posted by zzzzzts:
my uncles maxima has a vg30de (w/o the "t"). old, yet still a powerful motor.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my old maxima had the same motor, all i could do was a 16.2, torquey down low, but noooooooooooo top end. i loved that car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts