Ford Focus Forum banner

Focus Warranty issue LONG ANGRY POST

728 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  venomrogue 
#1 ·
As some people know my car got towed this weekend from a meet because of my key being locked in the ignition (pics in rigz under updated pics) well had it towed to the dealer and was told even though i had purchased the 6yr 100,000 mile warranty it wasnt covered and it would cost me over 500+ dollars to fix and for the tow (Planet Ford Houston Tx is EVIL) I went nuts. I asked them well what does the warranty cover and was told only major things like the engine and transmission and not minor things like AC, Ignition, so on.

Well i called another dealer who has worked on my car (MACHaik Ford is great
)and found out that ford has a customer assistance warranty that will cover two items not covered under any other warranty up to 55,000 miles and all you have to pay is a small deductable. I called Planet Ford back and asked them about this warranty, and the guy starts stuttering and says he has to talk to his manager (again) and he will call me back. an hour pasts still no call so we call him back. Quote "ummm ya it covers it but its optional for us to use it and we dont usually do it unless someone asks" WHAT A BUNCH OF WORTHLESS BLOODSUCKING GREEDY MORONS
And this is the dealer i bought the car from less than 2 years ago. Even though i asked them about every option they were still going to try and charge me until i brought up the other warranty.
sorry for the long post just pissed and wanted to share.

In the end though it is only costing me 100 dollars and I get 2 new keys
so they were trying to screw me out of over 400 dollars if i didnt have asked.

PLANET FORD SUCKS

Thanks

adam

See less See more
#3 ·
i would consider that except for the fact that i have taken this car into their shop numerous times for warranty work and every time they say it is not covered. Like getting my brakes redone at 4000 miles then at 10,000 miles and when they go out again at 12,300 they say sorry we cant help your brake warranty ended at 12,000 miles. They are shiesty and were trying to tell me that before they could tell me how much it was going to cost they would have to fix it first. TRUST ME these people were running out of special favors from FORD they were trying to Overcharge me.

adam

#4 ·
i agree with YELSLOWFOCUS on this. plant ford = the devil. i took my friend there to help him find a focus because they normally have an impressive selection. the salesmen were extremely rude and generally unhelpful. we stuck it out and found a focus he liked and when we were negotiating over the price the salesman actually said we weren't worth his time!

i bet you can guess where we didn't buy his car from.

#5 ·
my sales guy actually told me he had to charge me more than the window sticker price because it was yellow but he would give me a lower interest rate to compensate i thought umm ok then found out he was also extending the loan by a year.. OH well Lesson learned some ford dealerships are cool PLANET FORD is not

adam

#6 ·
Adam,
I am at least glad that you will be getting your car fixed for a lot less then what the Ford dealership wanted to charge you originally.Even though dealerships have the Ford sign out front doesn't mean that they have to offer anything to help the customer out which means if you run across a shady dealership you would be better off to find one that will work with you not against you.

#7 ·
Ford allows two "out of warranty" repairs for vehicles. Dealers, however, get to choose who they offer it to and use two criteria for determining who qualifies for the secret benefit:
1) The car was originally purchased at that dealer
2) The car had almost all routine maintenance performed at that dealership.

If the car/owner meets these criteria, and the dealership wishes to submit the work as such, then Ford will consider it warranty work. But, it is only two incidents per vehicle once the bumper to bumper ends.

Kind of sneaky that they don't tell the consumer, but Ford was losing big time money in the past because they were offering too much out of warranty assistance and dealers were putting in too many claims. Now they limit it to two.

If they would build their cars better in the first place they would save money in the long run and this kind of thing wouldn't be necessary.

#11 ·
Interesting, i take my car to planet ford alot, actually i just picked up my car yesterday for a steering knuckle and hub bearing. i havent had any problems with them, yet. I deal with Troy in the service depot and he seems cool as hell. He knows i rag the hell out of my car and just tells me not to put N2O on it like i have been wanting to for a while. He told me if they even *think* that the car has or had N2O on it they would tear it apart looking for evidence and then void every mechanical warranty i have left. So he is pretty cool in my book.
Now about the sales people, they are idiots. I goto Ford dealers about once a month trying to find info on when the 2.3's are coming in and planet ford's sales are the only ones who have NO CLUE what a 2.3 PZEV is. At other dealers at least one sales person or manager knows about them, Bill Heard (on the south side) knows alot about them and can order them already (or so they say...)
anyway..just my .02 maybe im just lucky......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.