Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting a new Focus Pzev and my dilema is which model to get. Should I get the Standard bare bones Focus with only Air as an option or should I get a fully optioned and comfy Focus.
Mainly concerning the weight diffrences between the two models. Is it really a big weight diffrence between the two that it would make a performance diffrence?
I am considering down grading to a standard Focus only if the weight diffrence is significant. I just bought my wife a new Explorer and that will take over as our weekend/family car, and leave me using the Focus primarily as a commuter/track star. But if there is little to gain I will keep the creature comforts and get power windows and all the goodies.

thanks for the help,

·
Registered
723 Posts
i *think* the weight difference between a stripper ZX3 and a loaded one is around 100lbs. now the question is, do you find this to be significant?

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Well, I don't know the weight of mine, but I took the middle of the road. I got a Premium, so it has AC, tilt, 16", and a couple of other little goodies that I can't remember. I'm happy. Still getting used to not having power windows. (all my other cars have it)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess the question is, Will a 100lbs. make a performance diffrence? And, how much lighter is a Pzev compared to a Zetec? and, how much lighter will a bare bones Pzev be to a SVT? Then it would make a diffrence if I could match the Svt's Hp and be lighter.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Well, I don't know the weight of mine, but I took the middle of the road. I got a Premium, so it has AC, tilt, 16", and a couple of other little goodies that I can't remember. I'm happy. Still getting used to not having power windows. (all my other cars have it)
I'd do the same...Premium, not power premium.

You get the weight of a/c, tilt/cruise, fog lites, and the bigger wheels--which you can change anyhow...and you were going to get the a/c regardless which is where most of the "extra poundage" lies...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I dont know about Pzev, but I am the only one to have posted full weighting I think for an SVT anyway.

Really depends on how hardcore you trying to make this car.

For anything but wheel to wheel racing I would get the options you are going to want as a daily driver.

The weight difference really ends up being negligible until you commit the car to complete track and gut it entirely anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts