Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace theirs? I tried to repair my starburst on mine and in the process I managed to put a crack into windsheild trying to work out the airbubbles in the thing you need to attach the resin applcator to. Its not bad now but it will spread when it gets cold out and its on the passenger side now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i had to. I played "cool" one night and punched the inside to kill a bug, cracked the whole damn thing along the top. all i have to say is what a weak azz piece of glass. I didn't even hit it hard and it felt like my hand was about to go thru it. about $250 later, had a new one on the car.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Insurance covers windshields. Ours does atleast, tell em it was crack and you dont know whow it happened. We had the windshield replaced on our saturn once, even had the retards re-do it cuz they did a half-assed job. Good Luck. L8er Jon

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
In order for glass to be covered... you have to have special no-deductable glass coverage. Its also covered under basic comprehensive coverage... but with a deductable of $500 like I've got... well... its pretty much not covered.

I had mine replaced... but it was part of a bigger mess!

[ 04-25-2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: BUR_ZX3 ]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup! I had a large stress crack that propagated almost halfway across the windshield. Brought it into the dealer who confirmed it was a stress crack and not caused by an impact. They tried to get me to cover it with my insurance. However, I had them replace it under warranty to avoid the whole insurance hassle. The cool thing was I got a replacement windshield with the nice tint at the top.
Is the tinted windshield standard equipment on newer foci?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Originally posted by rfgZTS:
Yup! I had a large stress crack that propagated almost halfway across the windshield. Brought it into the dealer who confirmed it was a stress crack and not caused by an impact. They tried to get me to cover it with my insurance. However, I had them replace it under warranty to avoid the whole insurance hassle. The cool thing was I got a replacement windshield with the nice tint at the top.
Is the tinted windshield standard equipment on newer foci?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope, at least not on mine.

[ 04-25-2003, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: 03' ZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
hey silver check with some of the windshield repair places, there is a guy where i live that can repair cracks that are up to a foot long originating from the chip or what not

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had mine replaced as well. one little nic ened up across the whole thing. We do have weak glass. Pretty much everyone I know with a Focus has had it replaced. Funny, this is the 1st car I have ever had that needed a replacement windshield. I didn't even have the car a year when this happened.
I would say it's unfortunately in the norm, just like cracking the foglight on the SVTF and having it replaced

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the glass is designed to resist force from the outside, not the inside... there is only so much it can do given rocks and birds and (fists?
) flying at it...

for what it is... holds up nicely. anyway, i definately recommend FULL GLASS to everyone!

·
Registered
158 Posts
This has not much to do with the topic, but how much does the Focus windshield weigh? 80 lbs?

How about the average windshield for all types of vehicles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts