Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is just great. i JUST got my 2002 Focus SE out of the shop last week from an accident i got in. they had to replace the hood, front bumper, left headlight, left sidepanel, and front passaner door. i was so happy to have it back and it was going good untill i was in a wal-mart parking lot today and some lady in a saturn T-boned me. this scuks so bad. i was at a stop sign and didn't see anyone coming, so i went and she flew around the corner really fast and nailed me. the accident is m fault because "i had to yeild to all oncoming traffic and if i went i felt i had enough time to make it"...guess i better start saving

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the funny thing is that her saturn litteraly fell apart...although she was going fast for a parking lot...it's still a parking lot...and her car like fell apart, it was amazing

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'd fight it. If the speed limit is 10mph in a parking lot, you would have been able to see her. But if she was doing say, 40mph then that's a different story. The way I see it, if she was speeding, then it would be her fault.

·
Registered
179 Posts
some state really dont have a speed limit in parking lots.. if it not posted then it doesnt matter how fast... most parking lots are private property. there have people for speeding in a parking lot but they were going a little to fast... i speed in empty parking lots all the time and po po dont saying anything... by law he will lose beacuse he didnt yeild. most like this guy is screw by the man
... sorry for you loss:( . get back on the road soon

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah people, be careful in parking lots. Since they're private property, police really have no jurisdiction over anything there.

Once this buttwipe who was a dead ringer for George Jefferson backed up into my PARKED car, then flew out of his car and screamed at me that I can't go running into people like that!! Yeah, you read that right - my car was stationary, he backed into me, then tried to blame it on me.

I called the police, and once they got there they told me they couldn't even take a police report or assign blame since it happened on private property!! To make a long story short, the guy got off scott free and I had to make a claim to my own insurance company, making my rates increase slightly.

BE CAREFUL IN THOSE PARKING LOTS!!!

Ed

·
Registered
418 Posts
ED,

If he refused to give you his contact, and insurence info, the Cops should have given it to you. That is in all 50 states, even if the cops can not assign blame, all parties involved are required to share contact, and insurence information. Private property or not. The Cops hoed you on that one.

Instead of claiming on your insurence, you could of claimed on his, police report or not. They most likely would of denied the claim, at which time you could of taken it to your insurence, and they would of assisted you in getting your claim paid by HIS insurence, though your insurence paid in the short term, it would not of raised your rates, and your insurance company would take over collecting payment.

Gee, guess having an Famers insurance agent dad rubbed of on me after all.

Ron

·
Registered
173 Posts
my girlfiend slammed into an old lady in a saturn, it was the old lady's fault because she was too senile to know the right-of-way laws...oh well, sorry man

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh crap- well this didn't turn out as bad as it could have. she didn't file it with her insurance meaning my rates won't go up (seeing is how im 17 and i have to pay $375 a month for insurance and another $200 for a car payment...yes i said i not my paremts) but i have to pay half of her damages, which comes out to $650 dollars. although that dosen't sound that bad, this is EXTREMELY hard to do while going to school 30 hours a week, working 30 hours a week, and then paying for insurance, car payment, cell phone, gas, internet, and all my other expenses.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by Pulled Over 2wice:
this is EXTREMELY hard to do while going to school 30 hours a week, working 30 hours a week, and then paying for insurance, car payment, cell phone, gas, internet, and all my other expenses.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sorry about your misfortunes, but welcome to the real world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts