Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to address the issue of FocusFest, an event being held by another Focus web site, FocusFanatics.
A lot of people have contacted me concerned or upset about it.

As I've mentioned several times on this site, things are not real exciting in the Focus community right now. But, if there is enough interest to pull a good sized group of people to various events around the country, then that's great.

I've been aware that FF has had the name/URL FocusFest.com registered for a long time. So it really wasn't any surprise to me that they would end up using it when they were ready. I think that most regular members of both sites will be able to tell the difference between the two events.

I realize there are people that like FJ more than FF, and vice versa. As well as there are probably a lot of people registered on both sites. That is not going to change. People go where they are most comfortable.

Plus, I know that people in the area of the country where they mentioned holding it have been wanting something close to them for a long time. And, in all honesty, whenever Jetfest 3 is held, it probably won't be very near there.

We do not plan on deleting threads about FocusFest. There were Jetfest threads over there earlier this year and they let them stay. We will extend the same courtesy.

As a matter of fact, if any of the organizers want to contact me, I'd be happy to provide any info I can regarding conducting an event like this. Having done two so far, I have a idea of what pitfalls to avoid.

_

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
fj-1

As I've mentioned several times on this site, things are not real exciting in the Focus community right now. But, if there is enough interest to pull a good sized group of people to various events around the country, then that's great.

We do not plan on deleting threads about FocusFest. There were Jetfest threads over there earlier this year and they let them stay. We will extend the same courtesy.
Outstanding! -and- benevolent, sir.

:fest:

:)~

And for what it's worth... I post strictly [FJ].

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Since I don't remember my PW for FF, (I have roughly 5 posts give or take, IIRC), do you mind elaborating on where JF3 WON'T be?
:)

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I'm a regular member of both sites, and this post was needing to be made.

Thanks for clearing the waters Ron. :thumbup:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for this post Ron, it is appreciated greatly.

As one of the people lending his .02 worth to the planning of Focusfest over there one of my biggest concerns was avoiding stepping on any toes over here.

As an attendee to JF1 in Indiana and flying out and making a vacation with my wife out of JF2 I don't believe there is any questioning my respect for this board and the outstanding job Ron and all those involved do here and with JetFest. Both events were a great time and the comradery amongst Focus owners is always fun to watch.

So last year when it was mentioned that the owner of FocusFanatics also owned FocusFest.com myself and others began discussing something we could do as well to help the Focus community get together and finally we are starting to come up with some solid ideas of what to do. One of the first items that came up was if we wanted to do this in 2007 and the consensus was no, why do this the same year as a JetFest, we would just wait until 2008 (the FOTB year) and make sure it was no where near the vicinity of FOTB. The avoidance of knocking heads together with these events has always been near the top of my list of concerns.

We are at the point now that we needed to start asking questions to people on the boards over there, so a public forum was setup for this Q&A. While keeping everyone in check, it is sometimes difficult to grab everybody who has an axe to grind against either forum from making a comment that either side would like to make go away.

My wife made a comment last night when I brought up trying to work around each boards dates for GTGs and she said innocently enough "Well why don't you all just have one together". I then did my best to explain whatever favortism people seem to take with the boards and her reply was "Well that is just stupid, if you both worked together you are better for it". Even though she is a complete outsider, her comments make sense.

So anyway, enough rambling. Ron, I had actually planned on contacting you this week anyway about this, so your offer of discussion is greatly appreciated and will be taken up.

Thanks to all

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
I forgot my password to FF a long time ago. If their event is out here and there is a track involved......I may re-register.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Most of you know that I am on FF alot more than here, but aside from that, why does it have to be a kind of "seperation" of these two groups of people? We're all on the same page as far as our love of the car. Why would be so bad to have everyone from both sites all together? Theres alot of good people on both and could you imagine the amout of Focus' that would be in one spot? Everyone would see that we're all in it for the same reason. Every g2g that i have been to so far has been some of the greatest people i have ever met.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
Why would be so bad to have everyone from both sites all together? Theres alot of good people on both and could you imagine the amout of Focus' that would be in one spot? Everyone would see that we're all in it for the same reason. Every g2g that i have been to so far has been some of the greatest people i have ever met.
Its not so bad and it ( FJ and FF GTGs ) does happen from time to time, usually without a hitch.

Its just like the NBA and its fans. A lot of poeple just love basketball, but then you have plenty that also are really into THEIR team and that will never change.

Most of the time you get fans together of rival teams and everything is cool. And sometimes it isn't. Just the way it goes. :)

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
I know the Dez has had some great turnout with events posted on both boards, since some of the FF'ers in the Dez don't seem to come over to FJ much.

I'd be in for a road trip out to the middle-east depending on school schedules and such, especially if it was a collaboration between FF and FJ!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am also one of the planners of Focusfest. I think everyone should realize that we are planning a Focus G2G, not a forum G2G. Anyone that has a focus, or is a fan of foci, is more than welcome to come.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.