Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the Focus Sport website and noticed a Dyno sheet for their CoolFlo intake alone, and then one that had four basic engine mods in one. So, when looking at the package upgrade sheet, it says that the engine made 117HP @ 5700RPM and 121LB/ft @ 4600RPM peak. Thats a nice increase when compared to the 102/114 at the wheels figures that are stock. It showed slight increases at all the RPM levels up until 5000 and 6000 where the increase was amazing. 5000RPM, 112/118 vs 100/116 stock and 6000RPM, 116/99 vs 88/77 stock. All they had was the Cool/Flo intake, cam gears, exhaust, and plug wires. My question...is this for real, or not. It seems like a pretty fun increase for daily driving for around 600 or so dollars.

[ 01-01-2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: FocusZX3Rules ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
they made that power with cam gears, intake and exhaust and plug wires. 85 to 90% of that power came from the gears

·
Registered
475 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
rach,
r u b'g paid 4 these good plugs?

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, this is FSVP (Randy) posting under Rachel's name. Even though I'm on vacation here in MD with Rachel, I'm still working a bit.

For the record, Rachel doesn't get paid, but I do take good care of my awesome girlfriend.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by redneckZX3:
they made that power with cam gears, intake and exhaust and plug wires. 85 to 90% of that power came from the gears
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats amazing. So the cam gears made almost ALL the power?? How much does it usually cost to have cam gears installed? I have also heard that it is pretty much impossible to get any increase from the cam gears without a dyno. Is that true? Did all of you use dynos to tune your cars with the cam gears?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
The reason Cam Gears make such a significant increase on our cars is because no Foci's cam sprockets have a TDC mark.

And at the factory they could not install the cams at TDC because of it, so mostly all of our cams are at different settings - They could be retarded or advanced.

Basically when you get cam gears and tune them, you are getting them as close to TDC as they should have been stock - Hence the power increase and why a lot of Foci feel more powerful or less powerful stock, than others.

- Drew

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I should say so....

My initial dyno bone stock had 111hp at the wheels! So I'm assuming that my cams were just done right!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts