Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 weeks and $435 I finally got my FS Stealth exhaust and put it on today.

It was replacing a used FS Sport exhaust I had on the car.

The Sport system wasn't that loud at all, but I just wanted to get an overall very quiet "stealthy" exhaust.

After I put the Stealth system on.....I gotta say it's almost the same tone as the Sport system.
The overally "volume" of the system was VERY minimally reduced.

If anyone would have heard the exhaust system before (Sport) compared to now (Stealth)....you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Visually....it was a small resonator on the Sport and a large muffler on the Stealth

For a comparison...if the Radio volume was at 20....when I switched to the Stealth system....it only lowered the volume to maybe 18 or 19. Not a very noticeable difference.

Maybe it'd make a bigger difference if I had a header on the car.

Just thought I'd let other people know if they were debating between the systems.

I mean they sound good and aren't very loud to begin with, but the Stealth wasn't as quiet as I thought it'd be compared to the Sport system and it didn't quiet the exhaust down that much at all

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
I heard the Sport system on the otherwise stock (oh, and it had a CAI) FS '05 D20 PZEV ZX3.

Definately louder than stock, so I opted for the Stealth. The only difference is the first muffler.

I like my Stealth on my 2.3; just enough tone. I still have the OE manicat.

Sorry you didn't notice much of a difference...

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Yep the header is where you are really going to be able to tell. Trust me dude, you don't want the sport system and a header... I did it and you would think the WRC was running a race on your street.
and whats wrong with that

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
There's nothing wrong with sounding like a WRC car...

... if you have the power to back it up.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't really complaining about the sound since I do love how it sounds now
(I just thought it would make it A LOT quieter)

I was just trying to point out for others that have been considering this exhaust (like I had done before I bought it)

I would actually recommend the Stealth version now to anyone considering this though, so that in the future if you do want a header it won't be tooo loud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts