Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has this? Race header, Flex pipe, and cat back. How does it perform/sound. Does it trip the check engine light?

Dan

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
even w/their quiet exh or a bosal w/a silencer...i find their 4-1 race header just 2 loud 4 my tastes.

-Ult

·
Registered
222 Posts
it is very loud if you put the pedal to the floor. if you dont have the exhaust yet i suggest the quiet one from fs with the race header/flexpipe

geoff

·
Registered
745 Posts
i beg to differ i have the steeda 4-2-1 race header and with both o2s in i have not triped a CEL and it has been on for 6 months now...no chip no cheater...

·
Registered
871 Posts
how is that steeda? i have a hookup for them and will be getting one soon.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have it and its rad! Hella Loud at WOT, but I installed a resonator to help with the low end noise. Performance was very noticeable. Dyno numbers and mods are in my sig. As far as installation...a total BITCH! It was the hardest thing I've ever installed on the car! But very worth it!

[ 03-08-2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Focusracer1 ]

·
Registered
210 Posts
The system mentioned above will provide best results in the upper RPM range or lets say at Wide Open Throttle. Ive used wide open race systems but dont find them good for daily driving as I dont constantly run at WOT. I like the gains I get from the flowmaster system which is a 2" pipe. It is tuned for low and mid power and unless your fullout WOT racing low & mid is the most useable powerband. If you like driving through the twisties or auto-cross type racing where you want power and low end torque pulling out of turns go with the Flowmaster. If all your doing is dragracing at WOT go with the 2.25-3" straight through type.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts