Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 focus ses. I got in a very minor fender bender and it caused the fog light on the driver's side go out. Without taking the whole underside of the car, I can't figure out how to replace the bulb or even check to see if it's been bumped out of the socket. Can someone please tell me the easiest way to take a look at the fog light? This may seem like a retarded question, but I've never owned a focus before and don't know my way around one yet.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2005 model...but in the older model year Focus models there is a how-to in the owner's manual.

Anything in there? It's usually under the Lighting section.
*edit*
Look on Page 36 (or thereabouts).

If you don't have your manual, you can always download it from Ford's Genuine Ford Lincoln Mercury Service website.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just took the car to the dealership and made them figure that s*** out. I was tired of trying. Just hope I find out when the warrenty's over. It's a new car anyways and no one has all the information for it yet.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Um...If the dealer determines that the bulb went out because of your fender bender, you would have to pay for the diagnosis fees, labour and parts. Warranty will only cover a defect from the manufacturer...not something that the owner caused or didn't intend to cause. Some may even consider burnt out bulbs as "wear and tear", and not cover you under warranty. Some dealers would just cover you...others might slap you with a bill. Just a bit of caution there because a few members have been burned thinking warranty will cover it.

Aside from the brand new Duratec engines, nothing really fundamentally has changed with the Focus. Things like bulbs are the easiest things owners can replace for themselves. For the fog lights, you would usually have to get on your hands and knees to look up from underneath the bumper. The Focus is good in that the fog bulbs are fairly easy to access.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, getting under the bumper on the 05 and replacing that bulb is near impossible. I would have to remove parts to even get a hand in there to pull the bulb out. I have already taken the car to the dealership and they replaced the bulb free of charge. The warranty i have covers everything except fluids of course so lights are part of that. They never questioned the reason it went out. You'd never know that my car was in a fender bender anyways. The bumper looks perfectly fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts