Ford Focus Forum banner

Fog Light Question.

497 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  03ZX3drew 
#1 ·
So I have the ST170 headlights installed on my car, and they are very bright. So with my fog lights on, they look kind of dumb against the bright headlights. So I am wanting to go with blue foglights, or possibly yellow. I know there is a yellow flim available that you can put over the fog lights, but I am wondering if I can't just buy blue fog light blubs. I took a look at the blubs today, and it looks like I would have to replace the whole bracket thing, not just the bulb. Has anyone ever changed the fog light bulbs. And also, this flim, does it come in blue, and can it be picked up at local autoparts stores such as Autozone and Bestbuy? I was at Autozone today, but I didn't really look for the flim, but did find some blue blubs.

#5 ·
Thanks. I just quickly looked at it, so I will probably head to autozone and get some blubs today.

Edit:
So, I took out the blub fine, but I am wondering how to replace it? I really cant pull it out, and it looks like the bulb itself is sodered to the little holder.

#8 ·
so why are you guys laughing?
he's a new guy here and i'm sure he doesn't appreciate being laughed at because he's asking a simple question.

so he's confused on how to replace the bulbs, no reason to laugh at him.

03ZX3drew: what you need to do is head over to autozone, take the bulb in with you.

find the bulbs w/ the package labbled if I'm not mistaken 893. thats out fog light bulbs.

#9 ·
you only have to remove the bulbs, not everything
I was going by what he was saying. I didn't know that the whole thing is interchangeable. Like it has the three little grooves so it locks in. But thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, I dont mind being laughed at if I make a mistake, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.