Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone can help me out on where to start off to buy a Focus and modding it. I'm not rich but I got a job and I'm going to be saving up just for this so I can pretty much save up for anything. Any kind of walkthrough help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Id suggest an af/x under drive pulley, they run for about 105. You can get it at www.newedgeperformance.com. Um you can get a cold air intake off of ebay for about 40-60 bucks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
definitely keep an eye on focaljet's buy/sell section, its updated every wednesday. you can usually find some good deals in there. also, check out the sponsor's sections for special deals and focaljet discounts. ebays a good place to look to, just dont get suckered into some of the crappy products people sell on there. as far as mods go, like silver said, underdrive pully is a good place to start. intake and exhaust good starting places too. i believe most people suggest starting from the outside in as far as intake exhaust goes... meaning, intake first, then throttle body or exhaust first then headers. all at once if you have the money of course
im not really sure why but thats what i've seen suggested on here a few times.... good luck!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Why do u need a car its much more enjoyable to just look at the parts you buy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol - No way I'm doing that (refering to SilverZXIII's 2nd post)

Any more suggestions? I'll obviously end up paying in payments every month or something and how would this affect my insurance cost?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.