Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking over the log of what all it shows you worked on or at least whats there is a lot of borderline knock table.

What did you find helped stop that surgeing and will it be ok in an FI app? if it was timing or spark i guess it could be changed within a certain range

also what caused the rev hang? I would like to add some hang like you did but my newset files from you dont seem to have had the hang like your previous versions (no im not running them /w the JRSC, just from before it)

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Ahhhhh, careful with the history. It won't show you when I changed my mind and put something back. It can be very misleading at times.

I can't cure all the surging. Far as I know, no one can, not even Ford. Some people's cars are more well behaved than others, though. VCT and spark can help or even make surging worse.

Rev hang can be addressed thru the dashpot clips and decay.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow this PRP SCT book is a little confusing, like they say atthe end if your running a JRSC you must relocate the ACT sensor so it can read the temp of the air entering the engine. OK how do you seperate it and put it between the JRSC and the intake manifold so it can read the compressed air temp?

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
You'll need to clip the 2 outside wires of your MAF since they are the IAT wires. Then you'd need an early Lightning IAT connected with said clipped wires and mount it to the JR blower/manifold or another ideal location if you can find one.

Our blower kit already has the IAT relocated.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill have to look at it again, I gnu about the wires but i didnt see any way to locate it inside the setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts