Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been two Focus Challenge/Redline Track Events on the east coast this year. Results/Times for neither event are posted on the Focus Challenge website or the Redline Track events website:dunno: :what:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
What'r we... chopped liver?!?

j/k

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slidemaster said:
I believe some of the times are on the Redline site. Also thread here have times posted.

Not for any of the East Coast events. West Coast events that were after the East Coast events are posted though.:thumbdown

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Just FYI... I know it's only an interim solution, but I'm building out the current FC site a little bit so that putting times in is an easy thing to do.

If redline has the information from past FC events I"ll gladly put them in for you guys!

oh and just for info's sake... FC did post east coast results from the first east coast FC

http://www.focuschallenge.com/eventresults.asp?schedID=22

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
belacyrf said:
oh and just for info's sake... FC did post east coast results from the first east coast FC
Yes, the 2005 event was posted very nicely and promptly. But the 2006 events have not been. I know we didn't have as many cars this year for various reasons. But some of the FJ members who did run also ran in the Redline Time attack event and did very well. I just want to see their efforts recognized.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I agree, it should have been posted unfortunatley Nik didn't really have a method to post them, and I've been slammed by work. So if I can get the results from the past I'll take care of it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I second the request for results

The idea of a competition, but no results is less than desirable marketing.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'll speak with Chris about getting the results up and posted. One thing we will need is everyone's handicap that participated in the Focus Challenge at Summit Point. I think we only had 3 cars, so it wont take long to figure out the final results.

Hopefully next year we'll see more cars compete in the events out on the East Coast.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Draxas said:
Hopefully next year we'll see more cars compete in the events out on the East Coast.
Are you sure you want that? Imagine how many people would be complaining if you DID have a monster turnout! :eek:

I don't mean to bash... I had fun and I hope to do it again next summer too. :thumbup:

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
If there was better participation I believe youd see more work from Redline. 3 cars isnt alot.

They have gotten where they can handle 100 cars and owner egos at time attacks, FC guys are usually more mellow. They can handle it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
slidemaster said:
If there was better participation I believe youd see more work from Redline. 3 cars isnt alot.
Well, as one of the 3 participants, I've got to say (respectfully): too bad. If you promote the event, support it. Plain and simple. Sorry to all involved, but I can say in all honesty that I did more to promote the event on this board than the organizers.

Sorry for the negative tone, but promoters have a greater responsibility to their events than the participants. We (participants) are buying your (promoters) products.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
You are right. Not taking care of an event even with only 3 people is not at all cool.

I dont think that is the spirit of the Focus Challenge and I'm sure the guys who are implying that 3 cars isn't enough to care about, dont really mean it that way.

The real issue here is that the Focus Challenge is in transition. I've made updates to the website to make it more user friendly and a bit more useful for those who do use it for now in hopes of keeping the few drivers we do have while this transition completes.

Everyone who has stated that the east coast events havent been treated in the same manner as the west coast events are correct. And I apologize for not being more available to help.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
seanmc said:
I did more to promote the event on this board than the organizers.
I can attest to this. :lol:

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Ya I sure didnt mean an offense...its was more I sensed that there was the feeling Redline couldnt handle it. They can, just didnt post it. We all agree that that has to happen.

I know what you saying about promotion. You should have seen what I had to do to get SVTOA to accept the TT idea. It was a first for the club. Nevermind that its 70% Mustangs:rolleyes: . Working internally at Ford (as Ted and some others can attest) is challenging because of the size and current enviornment.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
'sall good. Let's focus (no pun intended) on making it better in the future. We seem to have lost trackday momentum out here, and it's gonna take a little more effort to get things going.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts