Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80mm suck thru maf (i.e. prior to turbo @ air filter) but relocate the IAT wires to just before the TB like they were before

I was thinking I could use the stock SVT mafs with just the IAT hooked to it inline before the TB <--- thats the main ? is will the IAT work attached to the MAFS by itself

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and any tricks for tuning with those 2 seperated?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I understand...you'll want to run the IAT after the turbo, before the TB. Just pick up a 1999 Lightning IAT ( thread-in type works best ). Then you cut the 2 outside wires from your MAF and connect them to your IAT.

is that because it wont work well on my left over MAFS?

I figured Ill have a hole to plug and a maf to use, again just asking for learning, dont know much about mafs vs buying a 99 lightning IAT

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Are you currently running a SVT MAF blow through? And so you want to add a suck through Lightning MAF to measure air, but leave the SVT MAF in place to then only function only as a ACT sensor?

If so, good question. Since the standalone ACT sensors only require two wires (the two outside ones on the 6 pin plug), I would think it is pretty likely that would work.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you currently running a SVT MAF blow through? And so you want to add a suck through Lightning MAF to measure air, but leave the SVT MAF in place to then only function only as a ACT sensor?

If so, good question. Since the standalone ACT sensors only require two wires (the two outside ones on the 6 pin plug), I would think it is pretty likely that would work.

yeah thats the jest of it but I have an 80mm mustang GT that Ill use for the suck through and correct Im trying to figure out if the iat/act would work with just the 2 wires on the SVT mafs. Dont know if it needs power to it or if its just reading air temp etc.. you know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts