Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which fuses are you pulling to disable the tcs and abs. ive heard of someone having to pull two to get it to disable. i tried pulling fuse #46 and i got a tcs light, abs light, and e-brake light so i figured that would work and really didnt have any probs at an auto-x. i just wanted to compare and see what others were doing.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
The Traction Control system works off of the antilock brake sensors. If you pull the fuse for ABS, the TC goes away. Not sure why your ebrake light is on, though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats the one i pulled. i didnt know why the ebrake was on either. it kept catching my eye right before i ran each time and i was alway checking to make sure it was down. as soon as the fuse went back in, the light was off. traction control makes a huge difference in performance though. my first run was with tcs on (i forgot to pull the fuse) and there was a 7 second difference between that run and my fastestr with tcs off.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Was it your first autocross? It's pretty common for newbies to improve 7 seconds without making changes at all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
With my ST all I did was push the t/c button to disable it... the front wheels spin with it off and did not slow me down at all. The front inside wheel spun on the bigger sweeping turns... I improved a total of 9 seconds from my 1st to last run in my 1st auto-x.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
With my ST all I did was push the t/c button to disable it... the front wheels spin with it off and did not slow me down at all.
The button does not disable your traction control, it only loosens it up a little. If both of your wheels are spinning, and you haven't installed a limited slip differential, then your TC is still on.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was the difference from first run to my best. im not the most experienced auto-x'er yet either. i still could benifit greatly from more seat time.

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
The Traction Control system works off of the antilock brake sensors. If you pull the fuse for ABS, the TC goes away. Not sure why your ebrake light is on, though.
It shows a problem with your brake system.... for example if the fluid is too low the light will come on... just a warning light...

·
Registered
657 Posts
doesnt you mileage stop racking up when the abs fuse is pulled?

·
Registered
141 Posts
On my ST I put in a switch to disable the fuse when I want to REALLY disable t/c. I get the traction control light and my brake light lit up on the dash. If I flick my switch back then within 4 seconds the light goes away and all systems are back to normal.

As far as I know the mileage keeps going.

I used to think that on my ST with the button pressed it did actually disable the t/c... it doesn't. It still uses the breaks to slow you down until you hit 25 MPH.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
steble01: if you have all three of those lights lit, then TCS is off, so is ABS...

on my ST, its fuses 21 and 11... ABS Valves and ABS Pumps...

foci: mileage still accumulates, thats a totally independent system...

I do like the idea of the switch, heck, why not just rewire the "TCS On/Off" switch to do the same thing? rather than adding a new one... since thats what it was supposed to do in the first place...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts