Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
In an effort to clean up this forum, and not have an inordinate amount of stickies, i think one, central post that references useful posts that reference useful posts would work.
The old stickies are going to be linked through this post.

Before You Start
Nitrous
Turbochargers
Superchargers
Tuning
Engine Parts
Miscellaneous

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
just need to put my post about engine internals in here.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
done.

if people with experience on other options could start a FAQ, how to, etc, such as
<ul type="square">[*]Focus-Power
[*]Gude
[*]FMax
[*]Corky's kit
[*]Other options i'm missing
[/list]

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
demonfire - feel free to add this to the list of turbo kit write-ups:

XIOS/Bell Engineering Turbo Kit

That thread has stayed pretty clean, but I suppose you could cut and paste portions of it - whatever. I'll be updating the thread periodically as I refine the installation (I still have to do some minor bracket-fabbing, etc.).

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
updated with the bell engineering kit.

·
Registered
515 Posts
can you add some water injection FAQ cuz they are starting to take over the board... i could really use one of those

·
Registered
184 Posts
Could there be an SVT sub-category in some of them, where it's appropriate?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, i suppose there could, although most of the rules are the same. in each thread there are subsets of SVT tidbits.

·
Registered
430 Posts
What about the procharger kit?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blu, we add stuff to the list after we have a really good discussion on it. If you want to start a thread about the procharger, feel free.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow that was a fast response. I am a newb when it comes to FI, so I was just checking out the thread to try and learn some things, and had wondered about the procharger kit. Hopefuly there will be some good discusions on it so I can learn more about it! Thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will the internals of a 2.3L handle low pressure boost?

I am thinking of installing a squires rear turbo, but I do not know of anyone boosting a PZEV?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Why is it that none 99% of the turbo and supercharger kits out there only say up to 2003 for the Zetec? I have an '04 ZX3 2.0L Zetec, was there some kind of change I don't know about? I know there was some kind of fuel pump change, but is ECU different or something. I was pretty discouraged to find out that none of these kits say they work on '04.

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
they will work.

most of the time they don't update the sites.

as long as its a zetec it will work.
some of the 03 and 04 cars started using the 2.3L Duratec

if you got a 2.0L zetec you should be good. although some have different kits for automatic and manual. thats really the only difference

1 - 20 of 39 Posts