Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options are available as of right now? Is the Vortech out yet? Any new updates on the Procharger? Kenne Bell news? Please let me know.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Vortech = Not Out
ProCharger = Not Out
Kenne Bell = Probably Never Coming

Vortech probably not for another month or so.
Pro Charger (not CARB approved) you might see the street kit available within a month or two.
I sincerely doubt Kenne Bell will ever create the kit for the SVT.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
And of course the JRSC is available now and so far seems to be proving to be a reliable route to go.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Since Bela didnt mention it you may be aware of the Jackson Racing supercharger. Currently the only blower for the SVTF and is CARB approved if that matters. You could also go turbo with Toms kit but that will cost you quite a bit more than the JRSC, yet will yield much larger power gains. All depends on what you want.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. Can the JRSC put out a SAFE 250 whp? I know the kit has been dyno'd at about 205 whp but can anything be done to up the power? (No I dont want to buy a Pectel for $2g's either, cuz I would just get Tom's kit if I was going to do that.) If you get the kit and have a custom pulley made? As for the others. Why do the dates keep on getting pushed back so often. The Vortech and Procharger kits were suppose to be out a while ago. Kenne Bell was suppose to be out as well, then they said end of the year, and obviously that is not going to happen. What I want is 250-300 whp. The Vortech and Procharger kits should yield that, but THEY SEEM LIKE THEY NEVER COME OUT ON TIME. It is so freakin annoying to hear, next month, next month, two months from now, they'll be out this week, nope next month and so on.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
sorry to say, but right now the only way to get those gains is with Tom's kit. Only one out there proven. I surely doubt you will be able to do anything to get 250whp out of the JRSC. They are suppose to come out with a big boost kit, but I have no clue when that might be scheduled or even the status of it. You best bet if you want something now is Tom's for a complete kit.

If you can wait, hopefully soon we will have other options.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I can't see you getting 300whp with any kit other than the Toms kit or the Procharger Race kit which is available now, but you'll have to provide your own tuning.

Unfortunately you need to start with realistic expectations of what you want, and what you want to use it for. A 300whp daily driver on 91 - 93 octane on the SVT, is just not going to happen. Sorry

However if you go with Toms kit and don't mind hunting down 100 octane gas for every fill up, you could see your 300whp. The same goes with the procharger. But the vortech and kenne bell are not going to see 300whp.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
QUOTE, belacryf A 300whp daily driver on 91 - 93 octane on the SVT, is just not going to happen. Sorry

Why do you say stuff like this what is wrong with having a 300HP daily driver that you use 93 Oct on ,,Do you have to use the 300hp and high boost all the time NO,use the turbo kit as what it was ment for low boost to drive to work and daily activities then when you want to go play add some 100,105,110 what ever you can get and go play,,This is where the kit shines and NO blower kit will give you the best of both worlds,,Unless you want to change blower pulleys 2 times a week

All i have to do to run 91Oct in my 440HP white one is just turn the boost down and add the fuel i drove it to the beach a few months back with no problems it was 4 Hrs each way and i did it one 91 to 93 Oct fuel

You DO NOT need high Oct for every fillup only when you want to go play

Tom

·
Registered
643 Posts
Tom.. Why must you be a dink on every post you make. He is talking about the SVT kit and it doesn't make 300 whp on 91 octane... So why make a big fuss. Your kit is being recommended here and as usual your mouth is going to get you in trouble and lose yet another potential customer...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
well, Tom is right here, partially. the nice thing about the turbo's is being able to dial down the boost and run 91-93 octane. And then dial it up but add in higher octane. However, this guy wants the 250-300 anytime, all the time..I believe is what he was asking and Tom is talking about varying the power. If this is true, right now I think Tom's kit can do 250 on 93 octane...Tom, can you verify.

If that is the case, then his goal is met. If he wants closer to 300, dial up the boost and put in higher octane. Plus you really don't need that power all day, everyday.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the replies guys. First the 300 number was at the MOST, more realistically looking for 250 or slightly more all the time on pump gas. Both the Vortech and Procharger will do this, BUT THEY ARE NOT OUT. I am seriously considering Tom's kit and will have to call him soon to discuss just what is included, but it still is $5800 plus time off of work plus the expense of getting there, when the Procharger kit will probably be around $4200. I just wish the JRSC could squeeze a little more power out of it. Anyone know if other mods help make power with the kit? What have people been dyno'ing and what other mods do they have? Once again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Tom's kit will Easily do 250 whp on pump gas. You also don't have to travel to NC to get it installed or tuned anymore.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really??? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS. Since when do you not have to travel to NC anymore? What has changed? Does he just send you a chip now? Has the price gone down any? In addition to his kit, what else would I need, to make SAFE hp? Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Well Tom should have understood what I said...
300 whp DAILY DRIVER.. which means 300whp all day every day!
It's not going to happen on 93 octane, especially not on the SVT.

Sonic.. what your saying about being able to turn the boost up and down.. is nothing new.. I figured that is common knowledge, so I didn't bother going into that area.

The fact is.. if you turn the boost down, then you dont' have a 300whp daily driver do you??? You have a (insert HP here) daily driver... given the amount of boost your running. Does that mean you can't run more boost?? Sure you can, go find some 100 octane and turn up the boost.

But if you want a 300whp Daily Driver on 93 octane... it's not going to happen. I stand by what I said... You just have to take everything in context

Tom you butthead, I give your kit it's credit and you still tell me I'm wrong

·
Registered
643 Posts
Really??? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS. Since when do you not have to travel to NC anymore? What has changed? Does he just send you a chip now? Has the price gone down any? In addition to his kit, what else would I need, to make SAFE hp? Any info is appreciated.
I believe Tom is now selling his kit with tuning provided by fordchip. Basically you send out your ecu and get it back in a day or so all ready to go. He knows better than me. Ask Tom... I am sure he's following this.

Bela: Don't you just shake your head sometimes.......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Bela,

I know what you were saying. But you were sticking to the 300whp as an everyday driver. I just saw he posted 250-300 and I know 300 won't happen on 93 octane gas. I was just going into more detail that if he is happy with 250 or so on 93 octane and could live with that daily, he could get the 300 at the track with higher octance fuel. Thats all. Not saying you were wrong or anything. you were correct and I understood exactly what you were saying.

the people who have posted their dyno's of the JRSC I think have ranged from 190's to like 205-206 max.

nevermind...got my answer..thanks!

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Nope there shaking it at me

If i dont give you two crap all the time you wont think i love you any more

belacryf/bluetoy are CORRECT my kit now comes with 3 options
1) I can lower the cost of the kit send it out and you can send your ECU to fordchip and do a flash
2)I can send out the Uni-Chip tuned and all you have to do is install it ,It comes with pictures and wiring instructions
3)I will look and see if there is a Uni-Chip dealer close to you and you can go to him for the unit and the install and tune also at a reduced cost off the kit

Hope this helps
Tom

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Nope there shaking it at me

If i dont give you two crap all the time you wont think i love you any more ....
Haha... this is true...

·
Registered
20 Posts
And what happens if you stick a thicker head gasket just as Wolff is doing? That's has almost never been talked about when speaking about Tom's kit. That mod (or a bigger and more efficient intercooler) could help you get to the 300whp 93 oct fuel.

By the way Tom, your info about eliminating the necessity to go to NC for install makes you have instantly 3 highly potential (Focus Racing Team Mexico) SVTF customers ready to blow our money in your turbo kit NOW. (without mentioning 35 Zetec Foci). Interested????
I just want to speak or e-mail with you for more precise info about prices, reliability and maintenance tips you could give me. Lots of interest from us, hope you're interested too. My e-mail [email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts