Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals, i noticed something tonite as i was removing some pieces of my interior for painting. when i first bought my 01 Zx3 i checked the computer code (JFa8 ) as i was considering a chip, but tonite as i removed the glove box i now have an ( LFQo ) WTF, has anyone else happened on to this, the only time my car has been in for service was for the rear wheel bearing recall. i even considered i made a mistake reading the code, but i found the pice of paper i wrote it down on in the glove box. i dont mind ford changing things but i do demand to be told what for and why.

·
Registered
102 Posts
SUE THEIR ASSES!!!!!!!!!

JEAH!!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I believe that there were several codes under a TSB.... let me see if I can bring them up again.

·
Registered
411 Posts
dude, they probably were doing something and noticed the ecu was messed up and updated the software to the next revision(code)

that is possible and can be done.

·
Registered
944 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YelloZX3SA:
dude, they probably were doing something and noticed the ecu was messed up and updated the software to the next revision(code)

that is possible and can be done.
<hr></blockquote>

looks like they just updated it for you, i brought mine in cause the computer was all jacked up and the PATS system kicked in, instead of giving me the same program i got lfq1 instead of lfq0 that i'd had before. They said it was an updated program. i know that the lfq0 code was for the early 2001 foci and the jfa8 was for the earlier ones...like i said, they probably just updated it for you.
When they updated mine i actually got another 1/10th in the 1/4 mile
I went the week after it got changed out and it was the only thing i could think of that gave me some kind of gain cause i ran consistent 15.4's the night it messed up and 15.3's the following weekend.

·
Registered
321 Posts
When you plug the car up at the service, the computer asks you wheter you would like to upgrade the software version (if there is a newer version)

Most services do the upgrade. And most upgrades tend to work fine...

·
Registered
52 Posts
If they upgrade your ECU (figuring you pulled your Diablo to have them work on it), does the diablo work when you reinstall it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts