Ford Focus Forum banner

Ford Dealership and Race Header with No Cat ?

563 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Focusracer1
Has anybody had any problem taking there car to the dealership to get worked on that has no cat? I'm out of warantee so that's not my concern. It's if they'll give me crap and refuse to work on it even though the problem isn't exhaust related. Anyone had any trouble?

Also, the problem I'm having is a loud squeeling noise between 2200rpm - 3000rpm when excellerating. It kind of sounds like a belt slipping, but both the accessary belt and cam belt feel tight. It has become noticealbe after I installed my crower stg II cams. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
If you're not bringing it in for warranty reasons, I can't see why they would reject you service. Since it wouldn't be a warranty repair, then its just $$$$ to them, so they would probably do it.
If its not a warranty repair take it to someplace better than the ford garage.
For the sqealing, rub a bar of soap on the back of the belt while its running. Should take care of it.
In some states, maybe even all of them, a certified mechanic is not allowed to give you back your car if it does not have a cat. They are required by law to replace any obviously defective emissions equipment (ie, it isn't there!). It depends on the shop whether they will actually do this, but the possiblity exists.
In some states, maybe even all of them, a certified mechanic is not allowed to give you back your car if it does not have a cat. They are required by law to replace any obviously defective emissions equipment (ie, it isn't there!). It depends on the shop whether they will actually do this, but the possiblity exists.
Hmmm, That's the first I've heard of that. Can anyone corroborate?
Right on...thanks for the reply's guys. I figured out that if I run with the defroster or a/c on the noise is less present so I'm almost certain its coming from the accessory belt area.

You're probably right about taking it to another shop instead of a Ford dealership, but I don't know any others for domestic. My parents and friends all drive imports...ie BMW, Acura, etc.

I've also got a rattling that happens when the revs are coming down when reving in neutral. Any idea on that? The car is scheduled to go in Monday and I hate having those clowns tinkering around under there...but these are problems I can't figure out.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.