Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep!!

My service advisor told me today that Ford states my spots on the blue inserts of my seats are stains and not covered by warranty. Even when I told them that others have had the same issue ( something he admits to knowing about, even mentioning the digital picture taking Ford wants ) he still said Ford won't do anything about it, not even take pics to see it for themselves.

I have had over 10 different problems with this car and I'm honestly getting pretty sick and tired of it. I'll try to clean them one time like some people have done with success, if that doesn't work, and I really don't think it will, I have the same problem on the door panels, I'm going afer Ford directly.

I'll send them all the repair orders I've had along with pics of the seats and hopefully, if you all won't mind helping me out with this, some testimonials from other folks who have had the problem and had it rectified by Ford.

Ford will also be made known that this will be the last vehile I ever buy from them if this crap keeps happening.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Osiris - Why not give 800-FORDSVT a call and talk to them about the issue. If possible print out or copy paste all the different posts that folks have discussed this.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Osiris,
Sorry to hear about them declining the repair/replacement on the spots on/in the seats.As you have read many jetters have the same issue with their SVTFs too.I ran a search using "seat stains" then "and" in the search options and here is one of the links plus a photo of the stain itself on the seat cover:
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB36&Number=249841&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Anyway,I do hope this will help you some in getting the seat material covered under warranty.Let us know the outcome.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the car back today. After two days in a friggin' Neon I get my car back with only 1 of the four concerns resolved!

My shift knob is beginning to discolor so they ordered a new one for me, they didn't do my oil change ( first thing I asked for ) and they didn't fix my windows, they squeal like hell when you roll them down, they didn't take care of the popping lumbar support, they didn't find and fix the rattle/buzzing noise I'm having and of course they didn;t do anything with my seats.

So.....The car goes back Friday for the "free" oil change and again on the 28th for everything else. I'll be in Denver over that weekend so I'm giving them the car and telling them I'll be in Tuesday morning to get my FIXED car back. Ford will be hearing from me on the seats if I can't recify the problem myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts