1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ford Focus RS=axis of excellence

·
Registered
759 Posts
This is one of the reasions I hope they dont stray from the euro platform here in NA(something Ford is considering). If they do decide to not use the C1 platform in the US we lose all hope over ever getting a RS/Cosworth focus here in the USA, let alone AWD.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Come on all together (chant) SHELBY SHELBY SHELBY SHELBY SHELBY!!!!!!!!!
I'll put $100 on it right now. Shelby will put a turbo Focus out there. Even in limited numbers it shouldn't be more than $20K. Just keep your fingers crossed for the 2004 LA Auto Show.

·
Registered
688 Posts
hmm...

shelby= made excellent mustangs in the 60's
cosworth= already has experience with the focus/focus rally car

I would rather have a cosworth focus anyday.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
How many times is the RS going to be brought up?

I really use to crave it but I've moved on. The enhanced body panels and stance are absolutely fantastic.

The engine is the same Zetec we have here. The power figures are not unobtainable with forced induction. The interior is able to be replicated.

If you want something like it...build it yourself, it's doable.

I'm more interested in something closer to the 300HP mark with AWD...THAT is the new gold standard. If it has the Cosworth name on it, all the better.

If Ford builds and imports such a beast...to compete with the STi, EVO and R32 then I will write the check.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
How many times is the RS going to be brought up?

I really use to crave it but I've moved on. The enhanced body panels and stance are absolutely fantastic.

The engine is the same Zetec we have here. The power figures are not unobtainable with forced induction. The interior is able to be replicated.

If you want something like it...build it yourself, it's doable.

I'm more interested in something closer to the 300HP mark with AWD...THAT is the new gold standard. If it has the Cosworth name on it, all the better.

If Ford builds and imports such a beast...to compete with the STi, EVO and R32 then I will write the check.

Its obvious that there is lots of interest in the car...as a dealer that also sells subaru I can tell ya that the market is there...if the current SVT put out even 20 more horses inventory turn would have been quicker

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yeah, I don't get all the whining. It would be easy to replicate the RS out of a ZX3 for less money than they would charge for the RS. I've basically done it, for example. The only thing missing, are the wide fenders. Now, I've seen an RS in person, and I just don't consider the fenders to be worth money. Especially when you consider they screwed over the suspension geometry to fill those fenders.

Take a ZX3 for $13,000
Add brakes for $2000
Suspension for $2000
Turbo Kit for $6000
Quaife for $1000
Wheels for $1000
Body kit for $2000

That's like... $27k. It's a little bit more than you would pay for an RS, but those are VERY generous prices. What you end up with will probably be BETTER than an RS anyway.

So, what's the big deal?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
^^^ doing all that stuff would take a very very large amount of time! and having the RS name would just be worth an extra 10G!!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Take a ZX3 for $13,000
Add brakes for $2000
Suspension for $2000
Turbo Kit for $6000
Quaife for $1000
Wheels for $1000
Body kit for $2000
Nowhere ^^^ do I see "Four-Wheel Drivetrain."

Everytime I see that car though, reminds me what total stupid [censored] bastards ford management are. I mean, Ford is an AMERICAN car company -- and they release the good stuff in Europe...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
^^^ doing all that stuff would take a very very large amount of time! and having the RS name would just be worth an extra 10G!!!!
You know..once all that is done you can just debadge the Focus and buy the RS emblem. It's do-able. The member named Cosworth who lives in Washington had an RS badge on his ZX3. It was cool.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The RS is front wheel drive not all wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ok and thats like putting an SVT badge on a zx3! its stupid! you know you dont have a real RS when you do that and so will everyne else!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts