Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The complete photo album is now available for viewing at Imagestation.com.....

The annual Monterey Historic Automobile Races were this past weekend and I was proud to represent the FJ community with my 2000 ZX3.

For those of you not familiar with this event, it's the largest national (and possibly global) gathering of vintage racing cars, period. Each year either a manufacturer or well-known individual from the automotive world is recognized and this year in celebration of Ford's 100th anniversary, Ford was the honored marque.

While I was happy to have my ZX3 at the event, I was even happier to be able to get my 1978 Fiesta up to Monterey. Having the opportunity to do three laps of Laguna Seca during Sunday's lunch break parade laps with the first car I ever owned (21 years and counting!) got me real emotional. Enjoy the image below of my Ford toys and the ImageStation album as well.............

Album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289347415

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It was very cool to see you out there.
I should've planned to bump the focus count to two!

It was sort of strange that Ford really didn't do enough with all of the factory cars as honored marques have done in the past

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Thats the #1 reason i want to live on the west coast. Seeing the BRE 510s would be cool. Glad you had fun.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Murph

I have a feeling that they're really putting a LOT of resources into SEMA this year, being that they're presenting manufacturer and its their centennial. I'm sure other budgets are cut back for that, being that it's only a couple months away (EEK!!)
yeah, logical but waaaaaaaaaay poopy. You're the featured marque at the most prestigious vintage event in the world, and you let a VW Bugatti Veyron steal the show??

·
Registered
556 Posts
I messed myself
mmmm Lemans GT40
Those are some nice cars...I bet you had a lot of fun. You were behind some Pantera's ... my dad had one- I miss that car -
nice pics

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Oh man I'm bummed I missed that. I would have loved to see the Fiesta coming down throught the corkscrew! Man I always loved those Fiesta's. I could have had one but for some reason I bought a damn Fiat 128. The 128 turned out to be a really fun car though. Great pics!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts