Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a SRT-4 RPM show.

And let me tell you this.

Sure it's a Neon, but ass son as you put your ass in the seat and put the peddle down it all doesnt matter anymore. The moment I've sense the power of this car, I've forgotten what a Neon was. The interior is great, the seats is awesome, the power is terrific, everything about this car screams "WHO CARES IF IT'S A NEON!".

As for the show, basic there's 2 simple auto-x course set up. One for all out performance and one for handling performance. The all out performance is SRT-4 only, and the handling performance had the Honda Civic SI, SVT Focus, and SRT-4.

I'm just going to limit my opinion on the cars on the handling course. First we gotten in the SRT-4, this car is awesome. More grip then what my limited experience knows what to do. near instantanouse power, great suspension.

After that the SVT Focus, I was in near home in this car. But the difference is day and night. Sure the Focus handles better, but first gear is just too damn long. And the difference in power makes up for the small reduction of handling.

The Civic SI was fun, but it just sucks compare to the other two cars.

But still, I'm very pleasently surprise with the SRT-4. Hell, so surprise that I may just buy one as soon as my depts goes down and I cant finace a STi WRX at that time. Dodge litterly blow me away with this car, and it's all for under $20,000

I'm with SCC here, Car of the Year BY FAR.

·
Registered
216 Posts
my friend is workin with that show. me and al went to visit him in PA last weekend and we saw all of the cars.

The chrysler cars were ugly

the srt-4 was decent looking but i still love the way the SVTF looks

my friend drove all of the cars and he said that the svtf had the best handling but the srt-4 was the best car there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
<----former neon owner

I don't care if its a neon, I still wouldn't pay a lil under $20 for a damn neon. bad enough I paid $14K for mine. I seen the pics of the inside..so cheap looking. I mean, c'mon, the focus is cheap too but, in my own opinion, it doesn't look so damn cheap.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I say you have to see one in person before you can appreciate it. They sound very cool with a nice deep tone. The interior looked nice enough too when i looked in the window. This was at an autox and the car was definitely fast when he got on it in the straights. I was psyched that i beat his time by 2 seconds in my focus. It was a rainy day though so handling was more an issue than power.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
First off, Let's Park attitudes at the door.

I've driven my Focus and others, Stock and Modified.
I've driven a '01 Neon Rental Automatic, AND Raced in an Early '98 ACR Neon.
Focus Owners Have NO PLACE "Bashing".
They ARE VERY Good Cars for the Money.
That said, it ALL comes down to a personal choice, and the Driver.
I LOOOOVVVEEEE my Focus, and I'd Own 3 more in various states of Mod if I had the $$$$, even before I'd own ANY Other car.
That said, If I couldn't own a Focus, I'd be looking for a Neon in a heartbeat.
The ACR I've driven KICKS my Focus by 1 to 8 1/10ths at the Auto-X Regularly. I've BEATEN the ACR owner in his OWN CAR!!!
It's not ME, it's the Car.
This new SRT-4 HAS the Power.
Give it an ACR Suspension and "WATCH OUT"!!!!
Those who dis the "Looks" need to look in the Mirror, and then look in their Driveway, then take a Valium and get over it.
They are BOTH Nice Cars.
I'm a Focus Fan, but there's NO Room for ANYONE to Bash.

[ 04-26-2003, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think the srt4 has the SVT's # in every catagory, but looks.

Car and Driver, long time fans of the focus and SVT, feel it it handles better then the SVT too. Power is no question.

Previously I would have loved to own an SVT, now I'm not so sure I wouldn't spend my money elsewhere.

I hope dodge sells a crap load sending a message to ford... Also so I can get a cheap used one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep, the SRT-4 is a great car. I would have bought this car, but I only paid 15,800 for my SVT with tax and all. I could not ignore saving 5,000 going with the SVT. I believe the SRT-4 is a better car overall (especially power) if you can afford it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by askjeffro:
I think the srt4 has the SVT's # in every catagory, but looks.

Car and Driver, long time fans of the focus and SVT, feel it it handles better then the SVT too. Power is no question.

Previously I would have loved to own an SVT, now I'm not so sure I wouldn't spend my money elsewhere.

I hope dodge sells a crap load sending a message to ford... Also so I can get a cheap used one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is DEFFIANTLY not a CAR TO BUY USED!

Concidering its target user group, I WILL NOT buy this car used.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Nice car.

No flaming on the car here...

BUT the seats suck. I don't care what anybody says, the seats suck. For a 20k car, the seats are so NOT supportive and they are flimsy as hell.

At the end of the day though, for the car's intended use, Dodge has really hit the target with this one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Before I bought my focus I almost bought a R/T Neon there nice cars but to much road noise. I like both cars. I don't care to much for power+speed = speeding tickets just cost to-much money.

All cars are good, But the one you get a deal on ends up being the best one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Topic: Ford gotten its ass beaten.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your English Teacher needs her ass beaten as well.
(just kidding)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Originally posted by Zxtremely3:
QUOTE]This is DEFFIANTLY not a CAR TO BUY USED!

Concidering its target user group, I WILL NOT buy this car used.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Seeing how I know dozens of adult neon owners that are looking forward to this car, I think I'll take my chances. It's all about research and finding someone you can trust.

Take the mustang GT, exspecially the old 5.0's. You can find them super cheap and they run like champs. Who are they geared toward? Old woman?

If the car ends up being a POS then so be it, but that is not yet the case.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Zxtremely3,

I bet you are pretty young age wise compares to me. My best guess is you under 21? Part of your comment reminded me of my "younger" self. I used to value cars base only on performance. As long the car would go fast, I don't care how it look and so forth. Well, as I grow older and older, my point of view start to change. A car is not only about "performance". It's about image, comfort, reliability, quality, performance, and ... image. 99% of an automobile's life is to get the owner from A to B. Well, to me, it's about how fast I get there PLUS, how I get there.

As for Neon, I am sorry. I would never purchase it with current sheetmetal design even if it comes with rocket engine.

[ 04-27-2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: the6148 ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts