Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I took my car into a local transmission shop on the 18th of Septemeber due to the infamous 1-2 and 3-4 shift grid. The car has 38K on it, and it's a 2001. EasyCare (my extended warranty company that is owned by Ford Motor Company) authorized the shop to tear down the tranny and isolate the problem. ( I told them it was the syncro assemblies, but hey, what do I know?
). The shop took a few days to tear everything down, find the problem get a parts and labor bill estimate together, and submitted it to EasyCare. I was told it would take less than one week to do the job, and I was provided a rental car for a period of 6 days. Well, the 6 days came and went, and I still didn't have the Focus back, so I called the shop, and it seems that Ford cannot supply the needed parts. The local dealer ordered the parts 4 different times, and they are not correct. It has now been 3 weeks, and Ford has 2 engineers tryin to find the correct parts for my tranny. Their story is that the Focus comes with 2 different 5 speed trannies, and I have the one that parts aren't avaible for! What the hell is that? A car less than 2 years old with no parts available for it?
. Ford is considering replacing the entire tranny for me even tho it isn't under factory warranty(hell they own the warranty company anyway), but I am being told that there is a 90 day wait time for a new tranny. Does it seem like I'm getting the fair end of the deal here? I have no transportation to and from work and college, and Ford just wants me to happily wait around for them to built a tranny.

Josh

·
Registered
591 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

your in the same boat as i am BUDDY

( by law if they cant fix your car in 30 days the car is deemed a lemon and they will have to buy the car back NO QUESTIONS ASKED) my car is being bought back for the SAME REASON AS YOURS!!! your in the same boat as mine partner!

tell them you want them to buy the car back! NOW!

my car has been in the shop for the tranny for a month now im getting a new zx3 white with power everything
--THE MTX75-- teansmission is in BACKORDER FOR 60-90 days!!!!!!!

this is how the buy back works
1. they give you all of your payments back and all of your down ( basically every penny you have paid ford)

2. they pay of the remainder ammount owd to your finance company

3. they give you a check that counts for all your payments and down , now you can get a new car from ford or buy beer and chips with it its your money

DONT PLAY THERE GAME TELL THEM YOU WANT A BUY BACK ASAP!!

GOOD LUCK ITS YOUR RIGHTS HERE DONT LET THEM PASS!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nope, that's what I think they officially call "being screwed!"... Sounds like my 3 week cat. converter until I told the dealership they find one or pull one off of a brand new car in the lot to put onto my car and when my part came in, they could put their's back together because I was tired of waiting for my car to get back to me. Some how they managed to find one in the matter of 2 days after that little situation was posed to them.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yep, i did the same ehing w/ my car.6.i brought my car in to have it inspected after(just purchasing the car& Well Some how they manged to break the e-brake handle...and i said its no accpetable...this is my new car...i've had at for a week. They wanted me tw wait over the weekend for "the parts tn come if". "juct park ht in get until uhen"....heh...it not quhck to glt upset in situ`tions lhke that I can usually handle things like that...but just the wap the guy said it really(really ****'n passed me off. sn the mobal of the story is....dnnt back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.