Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my local dealership has a special going on for Superchips. 230 installed. service manager tell me that is the same programming as aftermaket guys. you guys think 230 installed is a good deal

·
Registered
219 Posts
Decent price if you get suckered, but those chips don't do a damn thing. The focus has enuff stock timing to begin with.

All they do is add more timing, and make you run 93 octane.

Stay away from those chip setups, unless you go boost, FI, otherwise you won't notice a difference in stock power, and you have to run 93 octane.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by damius:
Decent price if you get suckered, but those chips don't do a damn thing. The focus has enuff stock timing to begin with.

All they do is add more timing, and make you run 93 octane.

Stay away from those chip setups, unless you go boost, FI, otherwise you won't notice a difference in stock power, and you have to run 93 octane.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
My Diablo helped my low and mid range power. And it did away with (most) of the tip in timing(stock ecu retards the timing between shifts). $230 installed is a good deal TurboColtGT.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for everyone thoughts on this
i went ahead and had them install it.
i think 230 is a great deal. if i dont like it i can take it out. but i doubt that will be the case.

thx again

·
Registered
786 Posts
I wouldn't say they don't do a damn thing. They definitly do increase power in the low and midrange areas.

It's nothing major, but it does help. Run it for a few weeks, take it out, you'll notice. It's subtle, but there.

[ 02-14-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Discord ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
if u have no desire 2 get any custom work done 2 that chip 2 help u w/mods down the road, then get a SC. if u wanna do some stuff 2 ur car perf wise, then get a diablo. pay them 125bux on top of the chip price, and get unlimited lifetime custom burns free. SC u pay each time.

-Ult

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am not looking to do to much more than what i have already.
so far i have the UDP,bosal cat back,and AEM CAI,
after the chip is installed i am going to add my SAFC.which is left over from DSM days.
thx for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts