Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from Ford to fill out an online survey that I have to submit within 3 days about my likes and dislikes of my SVTF.I know more power is needed especially from what I have read on the board here,plus stronger clutches,lighter flywheel,header is too low on the car scraping on all parking blocks,poor ecu programming initially and better shifting quality.
What else should I put down for the SVTF are there any other items that I may have missed? Thanks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Instead of telling ford that you want more power and better handling and stuff you should let them know about the poor build quality and the seemingly endless string of problems alot of us are having. They don't really care if you want 250hp and awd, they want to know about the car you bought.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am filling out the survey right now - it's pretty cool, actually. The multiple-choices they have of what changes you would have in the car include stuff that makes it apparent that they have been listening to us. Also, the area that asks what issues we have had with the car has among the multiple choices the cold-driveability, the surge, the manifold linkage, pass. compartment leaks, etc. SVT does get it.

You will see all this when you go to the survey, but I think everyone who gets this survey should really take the opportunity to make realistic suggestions as to what we would like - and I agree that we should not be saying things like 250 hp and AWD. More like 200 hp, maybe limited-slip, better cold-engine performance and ECU programs, firmer engine-transaxle mounts, traction-control defeat, etc.

I don't see that there are opinions all over the map on this car - we all basically say the same things. If those of us who get the survey all work off of "the script" and present a united front, I think they will probably work in that direction and we'll get the changes we need.

They also offer an "other" category where you can enter what you think needs changing - I said that the dealer network needs to be more aware of what SVT ownership means to us, and they need to be spending more resources on SVT product training, both in the sales and service ends of the shop.

When I picked my car up, it had a CEL - bad front O2 sensor. They looked up the part incorrectly and were going to put a regular Zetec sensor in, but didn't have one in stock. I had a hunch that they were wrong about it, looked up the part myself and found (1) the correct part number and (2) that they did have one in stock. Then, I had to convince them that they were wrong about the p/n. Once I did that, they fell all over themselves to get the car in and fix it - but that required another trip to the dealer, much legwork on my part to suss out the right part number, etc.

I think that's the kind of thing we all want remedied.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All very valid points that is why I decided to ask my fellow jetters for some more items to cover
.I see that I wasn't the only one to receive the survey so that is a positive thing that Ford wants to know how to improve in the 1)quality 2)reliability 3)better service and knowledge from the dealerships on our SVTF's and so on.I have a list consisting of the horn, poor ecu calibration,header to low,clutch wear,heavy flywheel,the infamous plastic DSI breaking,passenger side water leaks,weak wheels,the obvious poor dealership knowledge "what ecu upgrade?"
,plus most of us wouldn't even know about the ecu updates without the Jet
.Please keep them coming.Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts